Project Manager (Perm)
Your role: Project Manager
Your team: PMO
Based at: Warwick/ Coventry
Your contract: Permanent
Your hours: 37.5 hours pw. Monday - Friday
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re now looking for a Project Manager to join our PMO Team in warwick to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The Project Manager (PM) will implement projects in accordance with our methodology to ensure successful completion as measured by time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction. The PM will manage delivery and mitigate risks in support of the project owner’s business objectives. The PM will work in the PMO core team and coordinate the efforts of project teams drawn from across First Utility’s business departments.
We are a fast paced, evolving organisation leveraging our technological and entrepreneurial strengths to deliver significant and lasting benefits to our customers.
This role will suit an individual who thrives in this type of dynamic environment whilst always looking for ways to improve. The ability to be flexible and adapt to change is key to success in this role.
The role day to day
- Co-ordinate activities to define project scope, goals, deliverables and success criteria.
- Facilitate the engagement with operational stakeholders and teams to ensure that technology changes deliver tangible benefits.
- Deliver project outcomes to meet the defined success criteria of time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Champion and drive use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast paced environment.
- Shape new change initiatives to inform key decisions on prioritising our pipeline of projects
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, appropriate to the complexity, accurate and complete
- Lead the development of project plans to identify project tasks, deliverables, milestones, and resourcing requirements
- Management of projects in line with First Utility’s project delivery methodology and standards
- Ensure the appropriate project control documentation is in place and maintained.
- Manage the appropriate escalation of issues to ensure there are ‘no surprises’, providing stakeholders with sufficient information to inform decision making e.g. cause, impact, options, & recommendations.
- Raise significant risks and issues to the portfolio level supported by the appropriate facts for informed decision making.
- Monitor progress against agreed milestones and provide regular updates to all stakeholders
- Management of risks ensuring that each risk has an owner, clearly defined impact, and mitigating actions, and that regular risks reviews are undertaken.
- Capture ‘lessons learnt’ and feed into PMO initiatives for continual improvement
- Building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- Project management certification e.g. PMP, APMP, APMPQ, CPM, Prince2 or equivalent preferred
- Proven project manager competences and demonstrable knowledge of project management principles, tools and techniques leading to successful project delivery
- Demonstrable experience in facilitating IT driven business change, ensuring changes are successfully embedded into the operation
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Ability to work within a framework of project delivery and quality gate acceptance processes within a fast paced, agile business environment
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgement, assertiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as excellent presentation skills with the ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in structuring and supporting cross functional project teams
The 'Nice to haves'
- Builds expert knowledge in PM practice and shares understanding, lessons learnt and best practice with others
- A can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Professional and positive approach
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business
- Analytic ability, diligent with a good attention to detail
- Assertive, adaptable and creative
- Collaborates well ¬ challenges others to develop while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Able to build and nurture cross ¬functional project teams
- Dynamic and vigorous
- Self ¬motivated and self sufficient with the ability to cope under pressure
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player and able to work on own initiative
- Supports and encourage creative and pioneering thinking from from team members.
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday” - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it’s important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.
If this sounds like you then click APPLY now!