Senior Project Manager (Transport / Cyber Security) (Outside)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£400 - £450
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Responsible for maintaining an integrated project schedule with corresponding work packages and related documentation, accomplished by working closely with the teams to:
- Collate plans and status reports to produce and maintain the master schedule.
- Demonstrate and implement best practice for the development of work packages
- Integrate work packages from across the IPT into a single schedule
- Provide accurate logs of dependencies managed through the schedule
- Maintain a log of requests for change and manage that change using due process to reduce volatility and ensure only approved changes cascade through the schedule
- Produce and maintain corresponding resource forecasts from IPT inputs and align against the schedule to allow accurate costs to be determined for each work package based on the schedule
- Work with the Risk Manager to maintain the opportunity risk log, and ensure that.
- mitigations are captured as work packages within the schedule.
- Ensure that the schedule aligns with the customer documentation and requirements, and is compliant with the required submissions for the opportunity
- Collate information for, and co-ordinate lifecycle review meetings
- Report spend against the approved budget for the IPT and ensure any extensions are authorised in good time.
- Work closely with the Bid function to ensure deliverables and plans are delivered on time and with the appropriate review and approvals having taken place
- Engage in process improvement activities and co-ordinate the collation of lessons learned
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A background in the transport sector working in communications, telemetry or AVL (vehicle location) projects, or experience in planning and delivering control room projects of significant complexity.
- Able to produce clear proposals where requirements may be ambiguous and clear direction is required.
- Exceptional track record in tracking and supporting software delivery / systems integration projects
- Excellent understanding of tools used in project management such as MS Project, MS Excel and SAP, and able to use those tools extensively in this role
- Valid passport and an ability to obtain Security Check (SC) security clearance (i.e. a Commonwealth citizen who has been resident in the UK for the last 5 years as a minimum)
Experience in co-ordinating resource forecasts, project budgets and finances
- Project management qualification desirable
You will possess the following personal characteristics:
- An effective communicator with the ability to work within a multicultural, diverse and geographically dispersed team environment;
- Able to facilitate effective workshop sessions both face-to-face and remotely;
- A collaborative, flexible and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Well organised and able to motivate others, comfortable with multi-tasking and managing change in a fast-paced environment.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;