Android Developer - Brussels
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Start : 01-06-2021
End : 31-05-2022
Our client is looking for an Android developer for one of its customers in the financial industry in Brussels.
The IT Developer elaborates or adapts the detailed technical design and programming code (or package parameterization) in the context of a project or asset, according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
The IT Developer also performs the unit testing of the developed code.
* Elaboration of detailed technical design
* New development or maintenance of code in the required programming language, tool (e.g. a web content management system, a COBOL code generator, etc), or package (including package parameterization) according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
* Unit testing
* Estimation of development workload - or validation of the workload estimated by the project or asset manager
* Elaboration of (or contribution to ~) the preparation of the installation in production - including integration and assembly testing
* Support test management in the execution of tests (including bug fixing)
* Quality review of detailed design and code provided by external suppliers
* Documentation of development activities (design, code, unit testing, code review)
* Dutch - Not Mandatory
* French - Not Mandatory
* English - Sound knowledge of English
Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
An analyst involved in Agile projects must have the "Agile mindset" which implies:
* a positive attitude and pragmatism
thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
* The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behaviour. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
* There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
* Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
Required experience / knowledge
At least 5 years of relevant experience
* Android Development with Experience in Kotlin - Mandatory
* Kotlin - preferable
* Good experience in Agile methodologies - Mandatory
* Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum - preferable
* Team player
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.