Programme Engineering Manager - Training Solutions (SC cleared)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
25th November 2020
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our Client have a fantastic opportunity to work as a SC cleared Programme Engineering Manager within their Training Solutions business. This new role encompasses Engineering management and the delivery of our customer-centric Training Solutions, where you will lead the Engineering team from the bid and proposal, planning, delivery and ongoing service
- Oversite of Engineering activities across the Training solutions reporting to the Head of Engineering
- Develop a strong technical capability within the Client, working closely with the Training Solutions Architect / Design Authority to define the resources to develop winning, high integrity solutions.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators to programme stakeholders.
- Ensure all phases of the programme are subject to Gate and Design reviews in accordance to the Development Plan, and all issues are resolved in an effective manner.
- Risk management for all Engineering deliverables and effective mitigation actions
- Resource management of engineering functions.
- Ensure all documentation, specifications and deliverables are managed via a Configuration Management Plan and achieve correct Design Certifications.
- Setting of goals and appraising Engineering staff and agreeing project specific training needs.
- Technical point of contact and liaison point for key customer organisations.
- Technical interface and management of programme's contractors & sub-contractors.
- Supporting Business Development in their roles of securing new business and setting strategy for the business.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of complex development programmes, using discretion and innovative approaches to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating an engineering team with varying and diverse skills
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use a varied "tool box" creatively
- Can operate on day to day activities without losing sight of the "big picture"
- Confident and competent in a "customer facing" role, represents the organisation as the engineering contact on contracts and projects.
- Demonstrable experience over a range of programmes, preferably in the Defence and / or Technical Training sector.
- BSc / BEng. in Software, Engineering, Science, or Aeronautical Engineering
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.