LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Contract Role: Data Analyst (SC Cleared)
Duration: 3 Months +
As Data Analyst you will:
* use statistical or research skills in designing and carrying out data analysis, implementing quality assurance procedures and summarising key findings in a clear and appropriate way
* apply strong analytical skills to draw out patterns, trends and insights from multiple data sources
* translate complex findings into narratives and products to aid decision making
* become an expert and champion of the workforce planning tool. You will carry out in- depth analysis using the tool and support departments in its adoption and use
* establish excellent relationships with stakeholders and cross government groups and forums, presenting key insights and findings at multiple levels
We're interested in people who:
* demonstrable analytical skills, proven experience and a keen interest in data and tooling
* analytical skills in designing and carrying out data analysis, implementing quality assurance procedures and summarising key findings in a clear and appropriate way
* well-developed technical skills in appropriate tools or programming languages such as Excel or Google sheets. Ability to manage, manipulate and analyse large and complex sets of data and identify the key findings
* delivery focused approach with the ability to understand and translate complex insight into narratives and products
* demonstrable people and soft skills, including relationship building, listening, communication and influencing with an ability to build effective relationships with people across government and externally
* strong presentation and communication skills
* user needs focused approach
It would be a plus if you:
* are a member of one of the Government's main Analytical Professions (such as Operational Research)
* have experience of using either one of the following languages - Google scripting, python or R
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.