ILS Manager - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
* Provide the ILS focus for the Project.
* Provide the interface for the Project Team with all logistic support stakeholders. Determining and developing the ILS Vertical Pillar and project Team structure, manpower and skill requirements to meet the ILS tasks and objectives.
* Management of the ILS Team within their vertical pillar and the setting and supervision of individual and Team tasks and objectives.
* Provide the logistic support input into reliability, maintainability and testability activity.
* Represent ILS requirements at meetings and committees within MOD and, if applicable, partner nations including:
oChair of Project Logistic Support Committee (LSC);
oRepresent Project requirements at the LSC for associated systems;
oRepresent Project at meetings related to the Elements and Disciplines of ILS
* Consider the formation of sub-groups reporting to the LSC for the related Elements and Disciplines of ILS;
* Identify and monitor Support risks, ensure responsibility is allocated and mitigation formulated and reduced As Low As Reasonably Practical (ALARP);
* Provide the necessary ILS support to Industry, and other ILS Managers;
* Ensure that support lessons learnt are disseminated to other PTs, Contractors and DES SEOC- as appropriate;
* For an international or inter-service collaborative project, provide the point of contact for logistic support matters between the lead/international project office, the UK DT and national agencies;
* Provide the logistic support input to all project papers, reports and submissions;
* Plan for introduction into service.
Prior to each contract award within the CADMID cycle, the ILSM will need to consider the following:
* Ensure that an ILS strategy is produced or reviewed and updated for the Project, defining the resources and procedures necessary to manage the ILS programme;
* Prepare, review and/or update the Supportability Analysis (SA) strategy for the Project, defining the SA requirements, Logistic Information Repository (LIR) requirements and associated budget;
* Develop a cost optimised support plan using ILS and SA tailoring techniques as part of the defined ILS Strategy;
* Produce and maintain an ILS Plan (ILSP) that conforms to the objectives of the ILS strategy, identifying the tasks and milestones to be achieved leading to declaration of logistic readiness in accordance with MOD guidelines;
* Develop the support strategy, as part of the overall acquisition strategy, against the programme baseline (for Initial/Main gate business cases);
* Ensure that coherent supportability requirements are included in all programme plans;
* Identify funding for all supportability aspects throughout the equipment's life cycle and ensure their inclusion in a costed Through Life Management Plan (TLMP);
* Manage the development of a Use Study for the programme, as a member of the relevant Capability/Requirements Working Group;
* Plan for Supportability demonstration(s) and the subsequent declaration of Logistic Support Date (LSD), prior to delivery of the first product;
* Represent project ILS requirements to industry at pre-contract award meetings, discussions, presentations or guidance conferences;
* Ensure that Supportability requirements are included in Requests for Proposal, Invitations to Tender (ITT), Statements of Work (SOW), Tender Assessments and Contract Specifications including:
oDevelopment of an ILS tender assessment plan;
oDevelopment of ILS tender assessment marking scheme;
oSelection/preparation of ILS Product Descriptions (ILS PD);
oPreparation of Contract Document Requirement List (CDRL) and In-Service data requirements;
o Selection of applicable DEFCONS and DEFORMS with contract staff;
oDevelopment of a tailored ILS Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
*Evaluate responses to ITT, through application of the ILS marking scheme, in support of the project tender assessment process, including:
oAssessment of proposed support options;
oEvaluation of Through Life Finance (TLF) including Whole Life Costs (WLC)/Cost of ownership (COO);
oEvaluation of supportability plans.
* Identify Government Furnished Assets Requirements (GFA) including Government Furnished Information (GFI), Government furnished Equipment (GFE), Government Furnished personnel (GFP) and Government Furnished Facilities (GFF) requirements;
* To initiate supportability case;
* To ensure ILS risks are incorporated into project risk register.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.