Circuit Management Technician - NATO
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our defence client is currently recruiting for a Circuit Management Technician to join a NATO project in Mons, Belgium.
Duties and Role:
* Contribute to the support of network service requests;
* Provide technical support for the network configuration management;
* Ensure the update of network configuration management databases in accordance with the service request requirements and internal policies/priorities;
* Ensure the consistency of the maintained network Databases;
* Assess and align the compliance of network service requests with NATO standards and references;
* Release the circuit and service orders and follow their implementation;
* Interface to the CIS community for service configuration and request management issues;
* Support the Network Services Fulfilment Cell in the daily work related to service configuration and management support;
* Update existing, or create new, documentation for the maintained solutions, e. g. drawings, Standard Operating Procedures, User Guides;
* Be able to provide internal/external training relate d to the Area of Responsibility when required;
* Provide the support of exercises and trainings throughout NATO territory as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* A diploma from a vocational school in a communications related subject or an equivalent of 2 years of work experience in the field of telecommunications;
* Industry Certification from CISCO equal to a CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or it could be compensated by verified and relevant knowledge/experience;
* Minimum 2 years' experience in configuration management of digital networks and associated transmission systems to include switching systems in support of data , voice and video transfer;
* Very good knowledge on developing network diagrams on MS Visio;
* Good knowledge of ITIL v3 framework;
* Good knowledge of Service Operation processes like Configuration Management (CM), Change Management and Incident Management;
* Good knowledge of network routing and switching technologies;
* Good knowledge of recent technological developments in communication management systems and LAN/WAN environments;
* Good knowledge of CISCO UC Collaboration environment (CUCM, CUBE, SBC)
* Basic knowledge of Database Management;
* Experience of preparing technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures;
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
* Industry Certification from CISCO equal to a CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or it could be compensated by verified and relevant knowledge/experience;
* 4 years' experience in configuration management of digital networks and associated transmission systems (classified and unclassified) to include switching systems in support of data , voice and video transfer;
* Good knowledge of CA Service Manager suite including CA CMDB;
* Good knowledge of NATO network configuration management tools like: CAST+, SRTS, DCIS Activation Management, BMC ITSM;
* Advanced experience of preparing technical documentation and contributing to Standard Operating Procedures/Instructions or Directives;
* Knowledge of the technical support of NATO organisation elements and existing NATO network architecture;
* Strong communication skills and the ability to be concise in both written and verbal communications;
* Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.