Safety Engineering Manager
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
17th September 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My defence client is looking for a Safety Engineering Manager to join their team based in the Buckinghamshire and Lincolnshire areas, with some travel to the South West.
Primary Duties will include:
* Under the day-to-day direction of the PM, lead the development of an ASSC Strategy and ASSC Acquisition Basis for the programme iaw RA 1205.
* Support the PM to establish a SQEP stakeholder group to inform and assist development of the ASSC.
* With reference to the Manual of Air System Safety Cases (MASSC), ensure that the platform safety argument is clearly structured in a tabular format; it is to avoid the use of bespoke software tools, to allow it to be easily handed over to future incumbents of the ASSC Manager role.
* Support the PM and Requirements Managers to define assessment criteria for the Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP), such that they will provide full and sufficient evidence to support the safety argument.
* Support the PM to develop governance arrangements which ensure the ASSC body of evidence remains up-to-date throughout the life of the programme.
* Support the PM to define pan-DLOD Programme Assumptions, Dependencies and Requirements, such that they contribute to platform safety and support the safety argument.
* Liaise with the ISTAR FHQ Business Change Manager, and participate in Capability Implementation Working Groups (CIWG) to ensure that the ASSC is ready for transfer to the ODH before platform is activated on the Military Register, and T&E flying commences.
* Highlight to the PM where future pan-DLOD decisions threaten to undermine the safety argument, particularly considering Requirement Documents that may have Human Factors implications. Advise the PM where escalation to the ODH is appropriate.
* In concert with the PMO team, record for future audit any project-level or programme-level decision that may have a future bearing on the validity of the safety argument.
* Provide a formal Air System Safety Case Report as required by the PM to meet programme milestones, ensuring that the ASSC has been: independently assured; endorsed by the end user; and scrutinised by the MAA.
* Support the PM to produce safety reports as required by the SRO.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.