Systems Engineer (Nuclear)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Support projects at all stages from establishing the initial outline requirements, through the design and implementation phases, to the verification that the final delivered solution meets the original intent and function required of it.
The scope of the projects involved will span from long term development of new facilities to short term intensive upgrade, repair and replacement of existing systems.
The work, typically, will involve responsibility for the formulation, implementation and often management (within a project) of systems engineering tools, processes and data that govern the technical work of system development.
Systems engineering (SE) should be carried out following robust and mature SE processes that are consistent with internationally recognised standards (e.g ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288).
Will be expected to:
* Contribute to the definition, introduction and continuous improvement of systems engineering processes and tools within the organisation, and promote and support their usage
* Lead and manage the technical development of a system from project initiation to entry-into-service; ensure appropriate systems engineering tools and processes are adopted and followed, and contribute to or own the system-level design and integration reviews
* Concept development and evaluation : Undertake system architecture studies to identify preferred and optimal candidate solutions, taking into account design trade-offs between subsystems, new technology opportunities and risks, requirements, and project cost and time constraints
* Requirements elicitation: Collecting the requirements of a system from users, customers and other stakeholders via interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, brainstorming, use cases, etc.
* Requirements management: Documenting, analysing, tracing, prioritising and agreeing on requirements and then controlling change and communicating to relevant stakeholders throughout a project. Ensuring that the development process is continually requirements-driven, and that requirements are rigorously verified both in design and product
* Systems architecture / architecting: Creating conceptual models defining structure and behaviours of the required system, enabling decomposition of complex systems.
* Model based systems engineering: Formalised application of modelling to support system requirements, architecting/design, analysis, verification and validation activities beginning in the conceptual design phase and continuing throughout development and later life cycle phases.
* Optioneering: Carrying out balanced and thorough assessment of the potential solutions, against the relevant criteria with appropriate weightings, to establish the approach that should be taken.
* Lead the definition of system verification methods and be accountable for appropriate verification of requirements
Systems engineering consultant:
The person must also have the following skills and experience:
* No less than 5 (five) years' experience, ideally 9+
* Extensive experience of systems engineering
* A track record of working in multi-disciplinary teams, developing complex systems
* Able to quickly grasp the basics of an engineering concept and explore wider implications
* Demonstrable experience of taking a leading role in teams engaged in an engineering development activity
* Experience of interacting with experts across a range of engineering disciplines e.g. mechanical, nuclear, electrical, software, ILS, Human Factors (HF), control and analysis
* Expertise in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) is also desirable.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.