Digital Product Lead
15th June 2018
£50000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the Product Owner for Digital Growth in the Digital Platform team, you will be responsible for building the product strategy and roadmap for all growth initiatives including customer acquisition and sign up, retention, cross sell and up sell, website personalisation and the launch of new offers and customer propositions.
You will lead the thinking on the digital growth product strategy to achieve our business goals of growing our customer base, reducing churn, and building advocacy all based on the development of a market leading digital experience and brand. With ownership for creating the product roadmap, you’ll work collaboratively with the Engineering and Design teams to deliver the products making sure we always achieve our value goals.
You will champion the use of data, create the necessary dashboards for us to really understand how we can improve the experience and business outcomes of our digital products. You will use this to create insight and make sure all roadmaps, plans and product decisions are driven by a deep understanding of this data.
By building great relationships with your stakeholders across the business and understanding their goals, you can create a vision for digital growth, both creating and selling your ideas to the rest of the business and the team.
The role day to day
- Work with key stakeholders across the Digital team and the company (including the wider Shell group) to define a product roadmap for digital Growth, based on solving customer problems and driving business value
- Keep close to customers through research and customer data in order to identify the customer problems to solve
- Specific responsibility for communicating your product strategy, product roadmap and plan to all senior stakeholders and be ready to defend it based on a clear strategy and supporting data
- Own the delivery of the product, manage the backlogs, make the necessary priority calls and communicate these effectively across the business
- Collaborate closely with all other areas of the Digital team and other Product Owners to ensure the product and customer experience vision is delivered
- Ensure experimentation is at the heart of all development; build and test hypotheses and integrate learnings into the product and delivery strategy
- Monitor the competitive landscape to ensure your products lead the way; keep on top of the digital landscape, the opportunities, what is and is not working
- Create the product dashboards to allow both you and the business to monitor progress of the product in real time and make any adjustments needed to improve performance
- Specific responsibility for owning digital growth targets for the business; this is likely to be digital customer acquisition and customer lifetime value
- You’ll be working in a fast paced environment that encourages lean thinking, experimentation and continuous delivery principles
- You will mentor other Product Owners in the group helping them to develop their own digital product ownership skills and instilling the disciplines across the group
Some skills that are essential for the role
- Entrepreneurial in approach to solving problems and growing the business - a growth mindset to challenge the status quo, work proactively to clear blockers, taking a creative approach
- Strong commercial focus and business outcome oriented
- Innovative - always challenging the status quo and looking for new ways of tackling problems
- Vision and storytelling; ability to persuade the Senior stakeholders to back your vision and strategy and to build consensus, alignment and relationships across teams with different goals, functions and initiatives
- Data-driven with strong analytical skills; ability to define the right metrics, use the data to drive innovation and communicate your ongoing product strategy
Some skills that would be nice to have
- Significant experience in working in an Agile environment - using a Lean methodology is a definite advantage
- Significant experience in Digital product management and ownership; this includes the ability to demonstrate how you have built new products which have delivered financial value to your organisation
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mindset is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
We recently launched First Forward, our online guide to development opportunities with information on available apprenticeships, career pathways and our mentoring scheme; helping our colleagues reach their full potential.
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday
At First Utility, we're committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal data. Following your application with us, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, which can be found here https://www.first-utility.com/about-us/careers/current-vacancies, which sets out the personal data that we collect about you when you apply for a vacancy with us, including how and why we process it, who we share it with and your rights and choices. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.