Head of Digital Products
||24th April 2018
||£80000 - £90000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Do you have a talent for delivering digital transformation while also developing and deploying online consumer engagement strategies. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and practical Digital Product Leader who can hit the ground running, be used to working in fast paced and agile environments, take responsibility for building a strategy and delivering business outcomes and be passionate about what they do.
Self motivated and self sufficient, you will be able to manage multiple projects with a focus on outcomes and delivery. As part of the Digital Platform leadership team you will help to lead the thinking on the Digital product strategy based on solving customer problems, presenting our brand proposition and delivering value to the business. You will be expected to be a visionary, both creating and selling your ideas in an effective way to the business.
You will curate a vision for our Digital Products, and build and shape our digital product strategy. You will create, manage and deliver the digital product roadmap for the business, leading a team of Digital Product Owners and a team of Digital Designers to deliver our vision and execute our strategy.
The role day to day
- Development of a vision for digital products and a strategy that will deliver that vision
- Development and ongoing management of a digital product architecture and product roadmap
- Championing the vision and roadmap across the business gaining buy in from stakeholders at all levels, based on a clear understanding of the outcomes they are trying to achieve
- Agreeing value to be delivered by the product roadmap and individual initiatives with stakeholders and measuring delivered value; monitoring, optimising and reporting key value outcomes
- Collaborate closely with all other areas in the Digital Platform Team to ensure the product and customer experience vision is delivered, optimising delivery of value to the business at all times
- Ensure experimentation is at the heart of all development; building and testing hypotheses to get the best customer experience and value to the business
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of talented Product Owners and a team of talented designers
- You will be required to work in Coventry, London and travel to Krakow
Some skills that are required in this role
- Possess an entrepreneurial approach to solving problems and growing the business - a growth mindset to challenge the status quo, work proactively to clear blockers, taking a creative approach
- Strong commercial focus and business outcome oriented
- Innovative - always challenging the status quo and looking for new ways of tackling problems
- Vision and storytelling; ability to persuade the CEO, the Exec and the Board to back your vision and strategy and to build consensus, alignment and relationships across teams with different goals, functions and initiatives
- Data-driven with strong analytical skills; ability to define the right metrics, use the data to drive innovation and communicate your ongoing product strategy
- Strong design aptitude with a laser focus on stand out customer experience
- Considerable experience in working in an Agile environment - using a Lean methodology is a definite advantage
- Extensive experience in Digital product management and ownership; this includes the ability to demonstrate how you have built new products which have delivered financial value to your organisation
About First Utility
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award-winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
What will you get in return?
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, (and the opportunity to buy 3 extra holiday days a year). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone
Quarterly away days and ‘fruity Fridays’ are traditions that we have held onto as we have grown as they are very popular throughout the business.?