Senior UX Designer
||23rd May 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer able to understand business requirements and technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting stakeholder workshops, user research and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey and empathy maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. You will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in based on user testing and analytics.
As part of the wider Digital team, you’ll be working closely with our in-house Product Engineering and Product Management teams to create new ideas for our customer journeys, breaking down the traditional barriers and challenging the norms of the energy industry.
The energy market is evolving quickly, and we want to stand-out in a crowd. If you’re an Experience Designer who wants to be a part of helping us do that, this could be the role for you.
The role day to day
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with our UI designers to establish consistent design patterns and engaging interactive experiences.
- Work alongside stakeholders across different departments to ensure business goals are met.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- Demonstrable experience in a user experience role.
- A proven body of work in the industry.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq etc.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
The nice to have's
- Some knowledge of the consumer energy sector
- Experience creating and maintaining user personas
- Knowledge of Lean UX and/or design sprints
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
At First Utility, we're committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal data. Following your application with us, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice which sets out the personal data that we collect about you when you apply for a vacancy with us, including how and why we process it, who we share it with and your rights and choices. If you would like a copy of our Candidate Privacy Notice, please click "contact recruiter" or request this in your application/ cover letter. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.