Data Science Manager
||£Competitive Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data Science Manager
£Competitive Plus Flexible Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days’ Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
Our platform, vNet, co-ordinates and remotely controls thousands of distributed assets such as electric storage heat, energy storage and electric vehicles. vNet will be the nervous system of OVO’s energy IoT landscape, sitting between grid operators and end customers and connecting energy suppliers, energy IoT and VPP.
Now, we’re looking for a Data Science Manager to help us shape the energy ecosystem of the future.
As the Data Science Manager, you will:
- Work shoulder to shoulder with people from Facebook, Amazon, Manor Racing and Goldman Sachs, to name a few
- Manage a small team of Data Scientists and act in a hands-on capacity as the Senior Data Scientist
- See beyond the numbers to understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Interact with senior stakeholders and your peers to better understand the problem space and shape the data science agenda
- Bring best practices and processes to your team
- Help employees to realise their full potential
- Define clear team and personal objectives for the Data Science Team
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need experience of the following:
- Working as a data scientist
- Working in a hands-on managerial role in a collaborative data science team
- Physical simulation, control systems, time series modelling and forecasting and statistical learning
- Complex data set visualisations
- Working with senior stakeholders, product managers and engineering managers
- Setting tools/processes/frameworks to facilitate the work of a data science team
- Data science cloud platform technologies, such as AWS/GCP
We’re eager to hear from individuals with experience as a Senior Data Scientist, Lead Data Scientist, Data Science Manager, Data Insight Manager, Senior Data Insight Analyst, Data Analysis Manager or Data Science Specialist.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a business that’s in the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- A clearly defined career path
- Join a team of top-notch tech talent in their quest to shape and develop the energy ecosystem of the future
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Data Science Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.