Network Software Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. These positions develop software applications for external customers.
As an Applications Software Engineer, you will work in a Software development team delivering best-in-class Security, Networking and Wireless Applications for Intel Architecture IA embedded processors. This team focuses on solutions for Software Defined Networking SDN architecture working collaboratively with our partners, open source community and internal teams. You will be based in Shannon, Ireland as a member of a talented team of software developers and will have the opportunity to work with teams across the globe using Agile software development methodologies.
As a virtual switching/data plane software engineer, you will work in a Software development team delivering best-in-class Networking solutions for Intel Architecture IA embedded processors. This team focuses on providing virtual switching/routing solutions for Network Function Virtualization. This role requires close collaboration with architecture, customers, open source communities and other internal teams.
You will be based in Shannon, Ireland as a member of a talented team of software developers and will have the opportunity to work with teams across the globe using Agile software development methodologies.
- Honours degree, Masters or PhD in a software related discipline e.g. Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Maths etc., or proven programming track record in industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a global team.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Excellent knowledge of C or C++ or Python programming, with strong development experience of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processer
-Experience of Agile development methodologies and/or formal Software development tools/practices
- Linux development experience- Performance benchmarking and application optimization experience
- Experience in open source projects e.g. DPDK, OpenvSwitch, OpenStack, Openflow, OpenDaylight, etc
-Embedded Software Development, RT, Real Time Operating Systems, IPC inter-process communications, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience in programming for communications and related protocols, e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, ISCSI, Wireless protocols , Switching and Routing
- Security applications IPS/IDS, Firewall, IPSEC, Open SSL, etc..
- Experience analysing complex software systems and de-composing into an architecture view
- Virtualisation and Containers - application development on KVM, XEN, QEMU or VMWARE, LXC, Docker.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies"spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions"that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.