Software Engineer - Driver Development
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with Intel Shannon DCG/NPG Software development team to deliver security/cryptographic and compression acceleration solutions for leading edge enterprise and communications platforms that will enable tomorrow's Data Centre infrastructure and accelerate cloud computing adoption from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices.You will be based in Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland as a member of a talented team of software engineers with a broad range of experience. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-site projects, working on cutting edge hardware. You will enjoy a world class work environment and you will be empowered to full fill your greatest ambitions
- Honours degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years software development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ programming, especially in developing multi-core or multi-threaded software.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system.Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn.
- Good understanding of Intel Architecture/x86 or other multi-core processor.
- Embedded software development.
- Discipline and maturity to develop quality deliverables at all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multisite team.
- Track record of innovation and continuous improvement.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Linux Device driver development
- Experience in optimizing software for performance.Security, Cryptography, Data compression.
- Networking technologies and protocol stacks e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP, IPSec.
- Virtualization technologies e.g. KVM, XEN, QEMU, VMWARE and developing in a virtualized environment
- Agile Software development methodology experience.
- Real-Time Software development
- Open Source Software Development.
- Source control management tools e.g. GIT.
- Experience with quality assurance tools e.g. Gerrit
- Web server development e.g. Apache, Nginx.
- Application frameworks development e.g. OpenSSL, zlib, Hadoop.
- Low Level -Programming Assembler, DSP.
-Experience of interacting with Customers.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies"spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions"that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.