Systems Developer (IT Security)
||University Of Bath
||Starting from £32,548, rising to £38,833
||University of Bath
We have an outstanding opportunity to be part of the team responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT Security systems and services that support the universities research teaming and professional services.
The post holder will be involved in all phases of the development of new security services, maintenance of current systems, changes and system upgrades, using requisite functional and technical expertise. The post holder will contribute significantly to incident and support processes, resolving problems, documenting investigations and improving security levels.
The post holder will be asked to:
• Manage and improve vulnerability assessments of all university systems and monitor and enhance reporting from other security systems.
• Set security baselines and advise and liaise with other systems teams on their implementation and assist with standardising documentation.
• Assist with risk assessments on current systems and develop plans for enhancing the security of university systems in conjunction with the IT Security Manager.
• Assist in incident investigation and work with third party specialists where required.
• Carry out some elements of project management for specific infrastructure enhancements that may also involve work with third party consultants.
A broad technical IT knowledge with system administration experience covering the following: Operating systems (Windows/*nix/mobile), networking (Cisco), virtualisation (VMWare, OpenStack), web-applications, log management, encryption.
Knowledge and experience of scripting and software development, particularly creating interfaces between systems.
Extensive experience of 3rd-tier support processes, particularly resolving systems and service problems, including classification and prioritisation, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
Any certification in Information Security would be desirable.
About The University of Bath
The University of Bath is a leading UK research university, dedicated to making a positive impact to the world we live in. The superb facilities and practical support available at the University have created an ethos and environment which inspires a culture of innovation and fresh thinking. The University’s researchers engage closely with industry, the public and policy makers to explore challenging projects that examine the questions and inform the solutions that make a difference to society. The University is located in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath. The city was established as a Roman spa town and is famous for its spectacular Georgian architecture.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition we offer the following employee benefits:
• 18% employer pension contributions (8% employee contributions)
• 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
• A flexible working environment
• Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
• Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
• Interest free loans for public transport seasons tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
• Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
• Discounted physiotherapy services
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.