||Circa £44,000 depending on experience
What it’s about
As a Business Analyst working within the central Business Technology Services (BTS) delivery team, you will be responsible for providing a detailed business analysis service, supporting the delivery of key initiatives and improvements.
The BTS Business Analyst works across the breadth of Cambridge Assessment, alongside technical colleagues and third parties. Responsible for analysing the needs of business stakeholders to help identify how these can best be met, you will also be expected to challenge, lead and provide advice on projects.
It is a demanding role within a recently reformed Business Analysis team, which sits alongside the Architecture and Business Alignment teams. As a key member, you will be required to demonstrate your own commitment to continual development, as well as contributing to the overall professional development of the Business Analysis team.
What you’ll be doing
• Develop and document the business requirements for moderately to highly complex business and systems projects, using logical, analytical techniques to assist the business in defining coherent and consistent requirements.
• Assess the implications of business change, analysing and mapping business processes and identifying the activities needed to transition to new ways of working.
• Help to ensure that BTS projects deliver what the business needs, ensuring that the requirements are clearly communicated, that the impact of project changes is assessed and that the solution is aligned with business needs.
• Build credibility and strong relationships with the business streams and other BTS teams.
• Work constructively and collaboratively with business streams and BTS colleagues adopting Business Analysis standards.
• Share knowledge proactively, coaching others and contribute to the continuous development of analytical practices and techniques.
• Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of business practices, business systems, analytical approaches and an understanding of technology capabilities.
• Other duties as directed.
What we’re looking for
• Demonstrable business analysis experience of the project/development lifecycle
• Active engagement in Agile and Waterfall projects
• Strong business process mapping, As Is/To Be, gap analysis abilities
• Knowledge and application of industry standard methodologies, e.g., BPMN, UML, Structured, etc.
• Strong stakeholder management
• Strong communications skills
• Flexible, determined self-starter
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis or similar highly desirable
• Knowledge of education sector desirable
• Experience of large scale ERP implementations desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Please apply by uploading a covering letter and CV.
There are a number of roles available and this campaign is therefore being recruited on a continuous basis until the roles are filled. Please apply ASAP to avoid missing out as it could close at any time.
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.