||£35,000 - £40,000
As part of Age UKs expansion of the Digital and Technology division we are looking for an experienced Services Manager, to design, plan and manage all existing or new technology services.
The post-holder will be responsible for providing documentation and overall monitoring and reporting on agreed Service Levels, whether delivered internally or through external suppliers.
• Work with Age UK to ensure IT services are fit for purpose to support their goals and objectives.
• Continually seek for innovation and improvement in the provision and design of technology services and support, which enables Age UK to use technology in a cost effective way, meeting the changing needs of the organisation.
• Responsible for day to day management and liaison with external technology suppliers.
• Contribute to a best practice approach to the development of the roadmap for technology support and services.
• Responsible for managing the effective provision of a user orientated IT End-User Help and Support Service, based on ITIL standards; and where provided through third parties, effective management of consistent and improving Service Levels.
• Effective line management of direct reports including career development, motivation and mentoring.
• Conduct regular Service Level reviews and implement CSI (continual service improvement) plans as needed to maintain services.
• Previous experience as a Service Delivery Manager or similar role
• A proven track record of supplier management experience in Information Systems within the voluntary or commercial sectors, including outsourcing and managing a major size IT supplier.
• Experience in managing complex IT environment, defining high level technical and IT service requirements.
• Experience of managing IT services, with experience of managing end users’ expectations in an IT environment.
Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to implement IT Services approach (i.e. ITIL).
• General understanding and knowledge of Application Design, Content and Document Management Systems, CRM, Data Warehouses, Groupware, Portals, Product Development, Mobile Devices (inc. Tablets) and Technologies, Internet Technologies.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Financial and budget knowledge.
• Contract management knowledge.
• Understanding and ability to comply with data protection laws, in particular in understanding the impact of the current Data Protection, GDPR and other related UK or EU-driven regulatory compliance initiatives.
• Excellent communicator with high level of negotiation, influencing and presentation skills, especially where communicating technical issues or solutions to non-technical colleagues.
• Ability to think innovatively and drive forwards change and implement plans.
• ITIL Foundation desirable
Occasional travel to sites outside of London to enable performance of the duties and responsibilities and for the purposes of maintaining and updating professional skills and development .
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!