Head of Services and Support
||£60,000 - £70,000
Age UKs Digital and Technology team, is leading both the charity and the sector in innovative product development and transformational change.
We are expanding the team and looking for a passionate and determined, Head of Services and Support to help us drive and manage change across Age UK.
The successful post-holder will have extensive team management experience and the ability to work within a diverse and complex technology environment.
• Assist the Chief Digital and Technology Officer, develop, and implement the Digital and Technology strategy, ensuring all activity meets the needs of Age UK.
• Provide leadership to the team, including management and effective deployment of resources including planning, monitoring and reviewing the budget and ensuring staff have the necessary behaviours, knowledge and skills to undertake their roles effectively.
• Ensure the provision of technology services, including but are not limited to system design and application support, desktop software provision and support, telephony, security and infrastructure architecture.
• To seek innovation and improvement in the provision of technology services and support, which enables Age UK to use technology in a cost effective way, meeting the changing needs of the organisation.
• Responsible for overseeing and managing all external technology suppliers
• To develop and ensure compliance with Age UK processes for Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery as it involves technology systems or support.
• Manage risks relating to technology support and systems, in accordance with overall Age UK risk management strategy.
• Proven experience in finding creative, innovative solutions to both day to day and long term technology challenges.
• Senior management experience in Information Systems and the ability to drive, lead and manage team of professional staff within a multisite, nationally distributed operation.
• Experience of managing large-scale change programmes in a diverse and complex technology environment.
• Experience of managing a multiplicity of external technology suppliers, including the negotiation, management of and monitoring global/international outsourcing relationships.
Skills & Knowledge
• An excellent communicator with the highest level of negotiation, influencing and presentation skills, especially where communicating technical issues or solutions to non-technical colleagues.
• Excellent understanding of key requirements and issues involved in cloud computing & infrastructure and End User Computing.
• Knowledge/experience of the current Data Protection, GDPR and other related UK or EU-driven regulatory compliance initiatives.
• Working knowledge of CMS and CRM products, data transfer methods, protocols, and data security protocols.
• Preferably educated to degree level
• Preferably Prince 2 certified or Agile Scrum master project management
• Relevant IT qualification preferred e.g. ITIL Certificate in IT Service Management
Frequent travel required to associated offices in the London area and regular travel to sites outside of London which may include some overnight stays. Occasional travel internationally, if required to oversee the management of external supplier relationships. Possible travel for the purposes of maintaining and updating your professional skills and development.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!