Digital Operations Analyst (Splunk & AWS)
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data, Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities/technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change.
The Operations Analyst in the Digital domain is a business analyst with strong digital expertise that can help manage the operational aspects of our Digital platform. They will be the key contact point between Digital and our Shared Services group including Support & Infrastructure. They will be responsible for helping to manage infrastructure migrations, establishing a robust support process and ensuring there is suitable monitoring and review of application performance.
The role requires a highly capable digital professional with extensive technology and operational process expertise to help manage a complex evolving Digital platform and collaborate effectively with senior Technology stakeholders.
• Support Capability (Schroder's term for "product") Owners to ensure Schroders has the necessary capabilities expected of a highly efficient, robust and scalable Digital platform
• Manage Digital led cross-team infrastructure based projects, eg infrastructure refits, migration to Azure
• Co-ordinate Digital activities with shared services, eg define and manage Digital activities needed to implement a robust target Support & DevOps model
• Define and manage application operational performance
• Accountable for ensuring the operational aspects of the committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and manage dependencies
• Participating enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe.
• Experience and knowledge of the asset management and wealth business
• Experience of operational aspects of leveraging modern web stack technology, APIs, micro-services, cloud technology, cognitive computing and big data.
• Experience of infrastructure needed to support modern web technology, ef Azure
• Knowledge and experience of operational tools that help monitor platform and application performance
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level.
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm.
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.