Junior System Administrator (Linux)
A highly motivated LINUX System Administrator required in Banking IT industry based in the City of London.
Your responsibilities will be:
You will provide a day-to-day administration on the LINUX networks, including installation and troubleshooting of operating systems, disk management, backup and recovery, network resource management, user support, and application installation and troubleshooting.
Tasks also include:
- To monitors and support multiple technology domains/platforms through the use of monitoring tools and applications (including installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance)
- To identify, diagnose and resolve system alerts
- To respond to system failures and work with support teams to minimize business impact
- To identify opportunities for improvement and participate in projects to enhance the operation
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Strong experience with LINUX (RedHat is a plus)
- Experience with networking: TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of Firewall configuration and network services: DHCP, VPNs, proxy services, etc.
- Fluent in English
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic IT environment where requirements change regularly
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- A team player: able to contribute to a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills at both a technical and a non-technical level
Talentwerk was established initially to provide a platform for the next generation of digital professionals to get a start on the career ladder. We took IT graduates and apprentices and gave them a chance, gave them training and a support structure designed to help them grow.
Now a multi-national IT Consulting partner to many International Fortune 500 companies Talentwerk, the UK arm of the Digital Workforce Group, helps companies transform their IT landscape through adopting new ways of working and thinking in regard to: DevOps, Cloud, BIG DATA & Analytics, and IT Infrastructure.
By focusing on developing technology new digital workforce professionals we can promise our staff:
- an opportunity to be based onsite with our client from day 1 for a long-term project
- individual career and training plan
- an international office network and regular events and excursions
To apply for the System Administrator (LINUX) position you must to be eligible to work in the UK. If so, we look forward to hearing from you! Please send your CV with a subject "SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR’ (LINUX)’ and do not forget to tell us your salary expectations and possible start date. Click APPLY now!