Solution Architect - contract/interim
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Solution Architect - contract/interim
Location - Dunstable
Rate - Competitive day rate
Duration - 6 months
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect to join us on a 6 month contract. This position will provide functional and technical designs, along with advice and from key stakeholders within Whitbread.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn.
Within this role you will:
- Provide input into formation of IT and brand Strategies and technical innovations
- Work with the wider Architecture team across multi domain projects and strategies
- Support and manage third party suppliers throughout the project lifecycle of requirements gathering, design, dev & test and deployment
- Demonstrate a "guest obsessed" mind-set when evaluating solution options
- Work with Whitbread's IT partners to define solutions and provide central governance across projects within the IS estate
- Contribute to and maintain architectural documentation repository, ensure oversight of supplier documentation -where required
- Support wider IT functions with technical knowledge and experience where required
- Keep Whitbread's Corporate Responsibility, Good Together and other initiatives at the forefront of all decisions and interactions
What we are looking for:
- Broad understanding of applications and technologies in Retail, Hospitality or within an Airline
- Experience of large scale migration of a booking platform would be very beneficial
- Proven experience of working with IT suppliers in an outsourced environment
- The ability to work across multiple projects in parallel and the ability to contribute to wider group strategies
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture framework
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.