Software Development Engineer II - Contact
||Welwyn Garden City
About Tesco Technology's Contact Team
The retail environment is changing rapidly. Change bought about by rapid advancements in technology. At Tesco Technology we are busy building the next generation of our online and in-store retail platform. A platform which will enable us to set the benchmark for a Technology led Customer centric retail experience. Come help us build this platform!
Within Tesco Technology, Contact Service owns the Customer Contact domain. We build and maintain applications which power our ability to manage Tesco Customer Address Book & Consent choices. We build solutions which manage all Contact with Tesco Customers, be it Emails, Push Notifications, Text messages or Clubcard issuance. All of this at "Tesco scale". All of our Applications and Services need to be able to handle millions of requests per day, tolerate failures, scale in response to load; do all of this while placing security at the heart of everything we do.
We operate a devops philosophy. You, together with the rest of your team support in production what you build. We value delivery to production, getting data / feedback from production and using this data to drive further improvements and features. We release multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
* Consistently deliver against the product and engineering backlogs.
* Support your and your team's code all the way to production. Lead and evangelise the use of Monitoring & Alerting tooling ( Splunk, Cloudtrail, Runscope, AppDynamics ) in order to "do production right".
* Adhere to the processes, designs and systems your teams have agreed to.
* Contribute to the definition of features for services owned by your team
* Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new Engineering processes and practices
* Customer focus. You find the right balance between outcome delivery and technical excellence.
* Be a technical authority on one or more technical areas of your team, someone the rest of the team turn to for engineering advice or guidance
* Lead on team architecture and design discussions. Manage technical discussions with stakeholders beyond your team
* Lead in the setting of coding standards, testing standards and operational best practices
* Mentor less experienced developers
* Effectively communicate your and your team's progress to your team members, your Manager and wider Tesco colleagues.
* C#, MVC, WebAPI, .NET, .NET Core.
* AWS or equivalent Cloud platform.
* SQL and NoSQL databases
* Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices.
* Linux, Docker Containers
* Experience working within an e-commerce or at-scale business where security, availability and reliability are valued
* TDD, BDD and experience of deploying continuously to production
* Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
* Setting and raising engineering standards across your team and wider engineering organization
* Experience of operating in the cloud would be a big plus
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button