||Sanctuary Housing Association
||(rising to £39,500 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance including policy allowance) subject to April pay review
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Software Developer sits within Information Systems (IS) which is responsible for delivering IS capability within Sanctuary Group. Reporting into the Software Development Team Leader this role will play an integral part in providing analysis and coding skills to support the production of competitive systems outside standard market offerings to meet the IS requirements of our Group. Working in a new and exciting team this role will offer the successful individual the opportunity to contribute to the on-going development of this function.
The role of Software Developer will include -
• Supporting the development and production of bespoke enterprise strength applications through design, coding and testing via agile methodologies
• Analysing business needs and providing recommendations to support the development and implementation of bespoke enterprise strength applications
• Contributing to the effective appraisal of new, cost effective solutions by designing and implementing best practice developments for the Group
• Ensuring that all developed Group applications are secure by design.
• Building, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and providing support for third line issues
Skills and experiences -
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience
• Proven hands on experience within a similar Developer role and a strong understanding of development methodologies
• Experienced in the development of software using C#, .net 4.6.2, Json.net and Wen API 2
• Track record of working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• Outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of providing excellent customer service
• Some travel will be required so a full UK Driving licence is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
• A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
• 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
• Life assurance
• Health & well-being plans
• Discounted products & services
• Personal advice and counseling
• Family-friendly arrangements
• Tax efficient benefits
• Learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile or to apply please click APPLY now!
Closing Date: 27th March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.