Data Architect (SC Cleared)
||£500 - £800
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data Architect (SC Clearance), Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Architecture, ETL, Extract Transform Load, R, Scikit-learn, SparkML, Python (pandas), SAS, PaaS, Platform As A Service, Amazon Web Services, AWS, Observations Data, Climate Research, Agile, Prescriptive Data Processing, APIs, Continuous Integration, Government, Public Sector,
Contract Opportunity: Data Architect, Public Sector, Exeter, 24 Months, (SC Clearance)
The current on premise system for the collection & processing of surface sensor data is reaching its end of life. Our Public Sector Client are looking to leverage Amazon cloud platform technology to provide a flexible, scalable and resilient data processing platform to meet customer requirements around timeliness and quality of data.
Observations data is at the heart of everything that the client undertakes including climate research and the initiation and validation of forecasting models. Raw observations contribute to the national archive, scientific research and international exchange of data and improved access to this data is a key project driver.
* Experience/evidence of working on AWS utilising PaaS based tools and technologies to implement modular solutions to provide ETL functionality.
* Experience of working alongside a customer team to deliver an integrated platform (ensuring knowledge transfer).
* Ability to use Agile methodologies while complying with mandated international (meteorological) standards (provided).
* Experience of dealing with data with prescriptive data processing and timeliness rules.
* Ability to surge resources to support agreed project plan.
* Experience of working with and designing scalable APIs for a wide variety of end users.
* Utilise the most up to date IoT toolsets and understanding of IoT Security Foundation best practice.
* Digital design skills with a focus on user experience.
* Experience using Continuous Integration development approaches.
* Experience of delivering projects within the environmental monitoring sector ideally from a dispersed network of remote monitoring solutions.
* A proven partnership with Amazon delivering AWS cloud hosted solutions, for large organisations.
* Proven experience of working with government sector organisations to deliver projects with complex regulatory requirements including international standards and governing bodies.