Web Designer - Graduate / Junior
||£20000 - £23000
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company needs a talented and; versatile Web Designer - Graduate / Junior to join their team to work across a wide variety of tasks, including:
- Design for Websites & apps
- Responsive website development in WordPress
- Interactive content for presentations / e-learning
- UI for mobile, tablet and desktop apps
- Helping to manage & support clients
- Helping to cost proposals for new business
- Planning & scoping new projects
They need someone who is creative, resourceful and has a good eye for detail.
They always try to be up with the latest trends in web design, so you need to relish the challenge of constant innovation. They would expect you to be able to be capable of great original design, but also be able to produce work to given design style guidelines if required. Any experience of design for print would also be useful as this is occasionally required in the job.
The job will cover a wide range of skills so you need to be flexible, quick to learn and adaptable as any particular project evolves. The ability to work to tight deadlines is essential and you will need to have good interpersonal skills to enable you to liaise with clients effectively.
They think that all their staff need to be 'creatives'. Imagination, inventiveness and vision are not just qualities for designers & copywriters - good developers need them too - to solve problems, come up with new ideas & to stretch the boundaries of what is possible.
To work with them you need to be a truly talented and highly motivated individual, who is passionate about web & app design. You need to be confident in your ability to deal with the demands of working on original and cutting edge assignments and be happy to embrace the challenge of always going one better than the last project.
They are a small team - but that means you can gain big experience. With them you'll be working on a wide range of tasks, on a variety of projects, using a range of different technologies. Life will not be dull. You won't be one of 20 other Web Designer / Developers doing the same job, day in, day out.
They will challenge you to learn & grow, get involved in new things to push yourself.
For this role, you will need to . . .
- Be passionate about good design for UX and UI
- Enjoy writing clean, well commented code
- Enjoy working in a small team, relish seeing projects through from beginning to end & being involved in the whole process
- Be versatile and willing to learn new stuff - be quick and adaptable
- Be able to develop commercial projects for the real world and on-spec - often to tight deadlines.
Skills and Requirements
- Good standard of Design skills
- Good ability with Photoshop / Illustrator etc
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS
NOT ESSENTIAL - BUT WILLING TO LEARN
- Knowledge of cross browser issues
- Responsive Web Design
- Any experience working with a CMS e.g. WordPress / Drupal
- CSS pre-processors (SASS preferred)
- Version control systems (Git preferred)