Senior IT Support Consultant / IT Technical Support Consultant
||£25000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Senior IT Support Consultant
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 (DoE)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Do you thrive on creating simple solutions to complex issues? Do you enjoy providing excellent support for an individual whilst also thinking of the impact on the company as a whole? Are you someone who blossoms when working closely with lots of different people?
The Company is looking for an IT Support Consultant with a strong technical background to join their expanding Support team to provide their clients with onsite, face to face technical support, give impartial advice and guidance on software and hardware needs as well as well as ensure that their client's infrastructural capabilities keep pace with their evolving needs. You will be based in their Cambridge office, but will spend on average three days per week out of the office on-site with their clients providing day to day IT support, working with them at a strategic level to design appropriate systems for their needs as well as building and maintaining strong working relationships with them whilst you're on site. You'll also have the opportunity to work on large scale projects and assignments. You will essentially be acting as their in-house IT support team; backed by a wealth of knowledge and experience from the rest of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join their team in providing the very best account management, project management and technical support for their clients.
Who are you?
* 1 Or above degree and / or relevant industry qualifications (IT related degree is desirable, but not essential)
* A self-starter who enjoys finding elegant solutions to complex issues
* A natural problem solver with a strong attention to detail
* Comfortable with researching a solution using your own initiative
* Have the ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting priorities requiring collaboration with multiple teams both internally and externally
* Excellent written and verbal communication, report writing and customer service skills
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients
* A passion to knowledge and learning in the IT industry; keeping up to date with the latest trends and solutions
What do you know?
* Solid experience and aptitude in IT
* Able to propose ideas and solutions with confidence at all levels of the business including board level
* Solid experience using Windows Server OS; AD; DNS and AD policies
* Able to deploy and maintain Networking and Firewall solutions
* Able to grow and maintain strong working relationships
* Knowledge of disaster recovery techniques
* Experience performing IT audits
* Experience supporting and deploying VMWare
* Expertise across Windows desktop operating systems (knowledge of Mac and Linux devices and operating systems is also desirable)
Why choose this Company?
They know that people matter; people make a difference; not just to their company, but also to their clients; so they only bring on board the very best people to join the Family.
The Company has been working with their clients to make sure that their IT needs never get in the way of their goals since their creation in 2001. Their two founders have created a company with staff that work together, learn from each other and support each other through all levels of the company. At the Company they encourage autonomy, self-development and give you a friendly and supportive environment to work in to allow you to provide the very best levels of support, advice and partnership with their clients.
Accelerate your skill set rapidly, get rewarded each time you gain a new qualification with their exam pass scheme, work with new and exciting technologies, a great working environment that's supportive and knowledgeable, annual salary reviews, contributory pension, private healthcare, share in the company's success with our annual bonus, life assurance & travel expenses.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior IT Support Consultant, Technical Support Engineer, Senior IT Technical Support, IT Auditor, VMWare, Windows Server, Senior IT Support Engineer may also be considered for this role.