Head of Testing
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Head of Testing - Croydon, London
£65,000 - £80,000 + excellent pensions and flexible working options
We currently have a Head of Testing opportunity with one of our major government clients based in Croydon. They are the lead department for immigration, borders, passports, policing and counter-terrorism. Working with them you will have the opportunity to influence development on some of the most important services provided by government, which affect people across the UK and beyond.
The Head of Testing role is critical to delivering quality assurance across the organisation. You'll be setting the organisational strategy for developing and implementing automated testing and working in collaboration with senior delivery partners to make sure test engineering is embedded by default into the development approach.
To be Head of Testing you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Working in a highly integrated technical environment, requiring a broad range of internal and external integration
* Design, build, deploy and improve test engineering solutions, which support quality assurance and software development strategies
* Setting strategic direction at organisational level for the design of test automation environments, using virtualisation and containerisation
* Develop organisational test approaches for integration testing, continuous integration and continuous release within complex agile environments
* Working at senior leadership level, establishing and maintaining organisational level networks and actively engaging other senior leaders
* Proven ability to lead a technical service or team of test engineers
* Select and deploy tools and test automation techniques including Open Source technologies and object-orientated design
This is an opportunity to lead a large test team that are responsible for the QAT of critical projects/programmes which have a direct impact on our society.
To apply please follow the link provided or contact Jonny Mills at Experis for further details.