Senior API Management Consultant
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Due to expansion and continued growth our client are looking for a talented and capable Senior API Management Consultant, ideally with a Consultancy background, to play a key role in a range of high profile integration projects within our blue chip client base. Your key focus will be the design and configuration of API Gateway products to create, publish, monitor and secure APIs.
With first class customer facing skills and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its top performers.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will involve designing API Management solutions for enterprise customers and working with the customer to deliver the full software lifecycle. This will involve requirements capture and analysis from the business and cross-functional teams to determine the proper API Management solution. From this you will translate business and user requirements into accurate system requirements/design specifications, before developing, building & testing the solution itself.
To be successful you will have experience of working on key IT programmes with large blue chip clients. You will have a deep background in XML technologies (XML, XSD, XSLT, SOAP), API design (HTTP, JSON, regular expressions, ciphers, IP networking, Unix experience (with some of the skills of a Unix system administrator - e.g. knowledge of routing tables, iptables, cron jobs, etc)
Key responsibilities include:
* Designing API Management solutions for enterprise customers
* Producing high & low level design specifications and documentation
* Owning the design and delivery of solutions from end to end.
* Development of and adherence to integration standards, whether development / tool related, data related, process related or messaging related.
* Interacting with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Application Support and Operations.
* Pro-active thought leadership
* Promote positive image of the business both internally and externally
* Take ownership and accountability for customer relationship working with sales and other members of the business.
Skills and Experience Required
* A proven track record in 'hands-on' delivering complex enterprise-scale software solutions - not just designing them - this is a full life cycle role involving your daily involvement in design, development, testing and support.
* Experience with:
* API Gateway technologies (e.g. CA API Management , Apigee, Akana, Mashery) and / or,
* SOA/ESB technologies (e.g. IBM Message Broker, Fuse, WSO2)
* REST, SOAP Web Services and XML
* Cryptography, IP networking, Unix experience
* Knowledge of routing tables, iptables, cron jobs
* Involvement across the full project lifecycle (to successful deployment)
* Experience with agile project delivery including TDD and CI
* Strong understanding of industry trends
* Significant experience of working across both technology and user areas of business
* Credibility in front business customers at all levels and across the organisation and be able to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
* Integration Testing via SOAP UI or similar
* Previous experience programming with OS-level scripting, XML transformations (XSLT) and JAVA coding language.
* Experience with virtualized environments (VMware Server, VMware ESX/vSphere) and Cloud-based images (Amazon AMI).
* Proficient with Red Hat Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems.
* Solid experience of the Unix family of platforms
* Excellent working knowledge of Application server technology such as WebLogic Application Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, JBoss
* Good Analysis and Design skills, including experience with techniques such as UML
* Experience with: network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, load balancers); identity and access management systems (LDAP, TAM, Oracle Access Manager); reliable messaging systems (JMS, WebsphereMQ, Tibco EMS, Fiorano MQ).
* Experience with formal architectural methodologies and frameworks, including TOGAF
Other Skills / Experience
* A delivery focused attitude with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
* A willingness to be flexible in terms of work location and to undertake work at client sites as and when required
* Ability to identify the business impact of application problems on the customer
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Ability to prioritise and plan workload for self and others
* Ability to deal successfully with staff at all levels within an organisation
* The ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of people both internally and externally to the organisation (as well as the ability to influence / negotiate)
* Ability to produce accurate estimates to achieve for highly performant, high quality deliverables
* Exceptional customer facing skills
* Strong written and presentation skills
Please note this is an opportunity for someone who is flexible as you will be required to travel to various locations, London, Ipswich and client locations, whilst also having the ability to work from home.
To apply, please click the APPLY button.