Data Scientist - CIO
The CIO organisation is a global team that provides internal technology to support Accenture. Our mission is to seamlessly empower a highly effective high-performance workforce by providing best in class technology and employee experiences. We bring the latest research, methods and technologies together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
We are currently building a data science team in Dublin. The team will be performing cutting-edge data science experiment and development using the latest technologies, lean agile and DevOps enabled processes, and a Big Data / AI / Nature Language Processing / Open Un-structured Data technology Innovation. This is a great time to join and be part of a new and growing team. It is an exciting opportunity to explore and implement solution on how data science can enable Enterprise Business Intelligence, to work in a state of the art innovative environment and to work with great people.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global Centre for Innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
- Design, development, implementation and management of next-generation informatics and advanced analytics solutions
- Modelling types may include linear/logistic regression, neural nets, decision trees, fractional factorials, etc
- Developing, testing, implementing, and potentially maintaining statistical modelling implementations
- Communicate insights to a variety of audiences from machine-learning experts to business analysts
- Interacting with clients of all levels to review expected outputs, applicability to business challenges, and model measurement
- Guiding the data formulation process which may include identification of attributes, exploratory data analysis, data transformation, and temporal layout
- Develop innovative thought leadership and contribute to the creation of points of view on Analytics offerings and insights
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Decision Sciences, Applied Probability etc.
- 3+ years’ experience working in data science projects (especially machine learning, deep learning, natural language -processing, or knowledge representation and reasoning)
- Development skills for prototyping your concepts (e.g. in Python/R, etc)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an entrepreneurial bias
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.