Visual Intelligence & Analytics Consultant
You must hold current eligibility to work in Ireland to be considered for the role.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us a www.accenture.com.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
What responsibilities will you have?
• Raise awareness of the power of visual analytics directly with our clients, at conferences and publishing our points of view
• Developing new capabilities for our clients beyond static reports and spreadsheets
• Creating user centric applications that solve specific business problems for desk bound users to mobile field workers.
• Enriching existing customer insights with external and big data sources such as twitter, Facebook, amazon, google+, weather data, sensor data streams, etc.
• Creating digital analytics strategies, which enable business users to take advantage of advanced analytics models through simple to use touch interfaces and ‘drag and watch’ what if analytics solutions
• Innovate with open source technologies such as D3 and HTML 5 and cognitive platforms such as Microsoft Cognitive Services to create truly unique solutions
• 100% Agile delivery with the focus on time to value for our clients and then industrialising solutions
• Developing User Interfaces (UIs) and User Experiences (Ux) that foster user adoption and advocation of our solutions
• Create and deliver end to end solutions using new data sources from advancements in sensor and location technologies e.g. telematics, GPS, Geospatial, Pressure Sensors, Health Trackers, Internet of Things (IoT)
What type of skills & experience are we looking for?
We are looking for people who can complement our team with a range of skills out of the following:
• Data integration skills: SQL & ETL (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Spark), Data Analysis & Modelling, data warehouse & big data architectures, understanding of data quality and master data management, integrating advanced statistics and machine learning (e.g. R, AzureML).
• Database Management and Big Data solutions: Amazon Web Services (RedShift / Kinesis), Cloudera, Cassandra, HDFS, Google BigQuery, Teradata, Oracle, Netezza
• Client facing skills: ability to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders, act as a trusted adviser and challenge clients, data story telling skills and KPI definition
• Agile and DevOps delivery practices: familiarity with agile and DevOps delivery and deployment methodologies, experience with continuous integration, automated code reviews and regression testing using tools such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Cloudbees Jenkins, Selenium Grid, SonarQube and Docker
• Design skills: user centric design skills, user journey definition, UI and UX, usability testing and data visualisation literacy
• Solution architecture: end to end analytics solution architecture design and delivery estimation
What personal qualities do we expect?
• Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought
• Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
• Experience delivering projects within an agile environment
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Keenness to learn and try new things
• Willingness to travel
• Ideally, educated to degree level
What’s in it for you?
• Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
• You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the FTSE 100 on high-profile projects.
• Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
• Access to leading-edge technology.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, generous annual leave entitlements, life insurance, private medical insurance and 2 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice plus much more.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.