||University Of Bath
||£25,728 - £31,064
||Starting from £25,728, rising to £31,604
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Support Developer to join our Student Systems team. Your main responsibilities will be to support Marketing and Student Services ensuring they can use their applications effectively to provide great services to our applicants and students.
You will work with our expert users providing support and advising on how to use the product to best effect. You can expect a mixture of user support work, and development projects allied to our main student records system. You will have responsibilities in the following key areas;
• Provide 2nd line support for two applications, liaising with expert users and the suppliers to configure new functionality and resolve issues. Applications include a CRM platform and a customer enquiry management solution
• Developing and managing test packs/cases related to the applications
• Ability to / comfort with managing your own workload, as well as contributing to projects in a broader team
• Your current skill set should include good SQL skills, competence in at least one development toolset/framework, and some web development/web services/html skills.
You will have use of web development / database skills in delivering solutions and experience of 2nd line support, preferably in a customer service environment. You will also have experience of working with expert users to configure software and manage testing to ensure high quality software solutions for customers.
About The University of Bath
The University of Bath is a leading UK research university, dedicated to making a positive impact to the world we live in. The superb facilities and practical support available at the University have created an ethos and environment which inspires a culture of innovation and fresh thinking. The University’s researchers engage closely with industry, the public and policy makers to explore challenging projects that examine the questions and inform the solutions that make a difference to society. The University is located in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, UK. The city was established as a Roman spa town and is famous for its spectacular Georgian architecture. The University has been named the best campus university in Britain.
The University of Bath’s reputation for research excellence is characterised by our involvement in the development of the Institute for Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (IAAPS) - a global centre of excellence, delivering transformational research and innovation into advanced propulsion systems.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition to this we offer the following employee benefits:
• 18% employer pension contributions (8% employee contributions)
• 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
• A flexible working environment
• Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
• Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
• Interest free loans for public transport seasons tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
• Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
• Discounted physiotherapy services
To apply visit our website by clicking the APPLY button.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28 February 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed