IMS Python Developer
IMS Python Developer
We are Double Negative (DNEG), one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai and Montreal.
Founded with a team of just 30 in London in 1998, we now employ over 2,500 people across our global offices. Our creative drive and close collaborative working relationship with filmmakers ensures that the projects that we work on, large and small, all receive the same high standards of creative and technical service.
This has proven to be a winning approach, resulting in three Academy Award wins, for our VFX work on ‘Inception’, ‘Interstellar’ and most recently ‘Ex Machina.’ BAFTA’s for ‘Inception’, ‘Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2’ and ‘Interstellar’ and Visual Effects Society awards for ‘Inception’, ‘Sherlock Holmes’ and ‘Interstellar’.
We're looking for experienced software professional to join our IMS department, which supports management and production tools. Support includes various SaaS solutions and CMS systems. Working from our London office, you will be part of the global IMS team.
You will contribute to the wider team by tackling clearly defined development and support tasks that arise locally as well as remotely. Alongside providing software support via phone, email and remotely, it’s important all issues, tasks and changes are tracked through our ticketing system. The prioritization of tasks is vital, all the while ensuring everyone is kept up to date with the progress of their query.
Collaboration is key. It’s important that all tools have supporting documentation to ensure compliance on a global level.
• 3+ years of hands-on software support experience
• Excellent knowledge of Python
• Hands-on experience in working on scripts and command line applications
• Working knowledge of MySQL and PostGres Experience of Linux, OSx operating systems
• Previous experience supporting CRM/CMS/ERP systems
• Knowledge of SDLC and/or Agile methodology
• Previous experience of working in a customer-facing environment Familiarity with version control (preferably with Git) and ticketing systems
Nice to Have
• MS experience (SQL Server/Project/VBA)
• Shotgun software support experience advantageous
• A strong communicator, both verbal and written
• A quick learner - ability to quickly pick up new software languages as needed
• Able to work autonomously and within a team
• Good time management and prioritization
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to interact confidently with both technical and non-technical staff
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without our Production Technology department, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.