UX / UI Designer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
UX / UI Designer
Our client is creating a cutting edge made-to-measure shopping experience built on proprietary 3D body scanner technology. For users, the product delivers garments that fit perfectly through an efficient but engaging shopping experience. For fashion retailers, the product boosts online sales, reduces returns and differentiates their offering.
Our client is looking for a passionate, self-organised and highly-talented UX/UI designer to join their rapidly growing team building experiences that will change the way the world shops for fashion.
This is a unique opportunity to determine an entirely new consumer experience that must work seamlessly across in-store and online channels. As a UX / UI Designer, you’ll have critical impact on how this product works, looks and feels. You’ll work as part of the dedicated Made to Measure Product Team, working with a tight-knit group of fellow product managers and engineers.
You will be responsible for working with the team to define the optimal user journey, create and user-test wireframes & prototypes, conduct user research and create visual designs. You will work with the development team to ensure designs are successfully implemented and brought to life. You will also have oversight of, and be able to learn from, the excellent design work being done across the full range of our client’s innovative products.
With offices split between London, New York and Vancouver, our client is looking for world-class talent to join their hugely engaged and extremely friendly team building the future of fashion.
- Determining how the Made to Measure Product works, looks and feels
- Optimising the user journey
- Creating and user-testing of wireframes & prototypes
- Conducting user research
- In-store 3D scanner design and shopfront work
- Creating visual designs
- Working with the development team to implement designs
- Developing user stories and preliminary designs for the client-facing tools
- Analysing, understanding and monitoring the impact of any change to a product or new product
What makes you our next UX / UI Designer?
- 4+ years UX/UI design experience
- Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator and sketch skills
- Users focused - you have a deep understanding and appreciation of the process of identifying users’ needs
- Analytical - you are able to weigh the pros and cons and cost and benefits of different designs, backed by research and data
- Working experience creating user journeys, wireframes, UI design and prototyping
- Experience designing for mobile (web and native)
- Experience with prototyping tools
- High level of understanding of graphic design - you know what good looks like
- An online portfolio showcasing your previous designs and processes
- Communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
What would help?
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a major advantage
- Knowledge of animation and video editing software
- Interest in clothes and fashion
- Animation skills
What can our client offer you?
- The chance to make a real difference in a fun start-up environment
- Competitive pay
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 8 days’ training per year and a generous budget
- Sociable working environment
- Annual travel card loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Great company culture with weekly cocktails and monthly company-wide drinks
- The chance to work alongside and learn from team members with a variety of different backgrounds including seasoned business professionals from the world of technology and fashion, PhDs, and bloggers
A little bit more about our client
The London office is based in the heart of Aldgate East. Located in a redeveloped Victorian wool warehouse overlooking the East London skyline, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market and everything in between is within short walking distance. Our client’s team is a sociable one, often having lunch together or a Friday night cocktail. The London office plays host to the annual Christmas Party where our client’s Christmas Bake Off has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology start-up into a global brand and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now.
To apply for the role of UX / UI Designer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: UX Designer, UI Designer, User Experience Designer, User Interface Designer, Website Designer, Front End Designer, Creative Designer, Graphic Designer, UX Developer, Designer.