||TXODDS (UK) Limited
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work on collecting, storing, processing, and analysing our huge sets of data.
Alongside the on-going maintenance of our existing data storage systems, you’ll be developing and implementing upgrades and enhancements to the data and the supporting systems architecture.
We require a candidate who genuinely cares about data, in particular, about its security, safety, availability, quality and consistency.
The candidate should be able to have good time management skills, track their tasks in JIRA, be dependable and reliable in their job, and be a good communicator.
- Consolidating, securing and optimising our existing data storage solutions, including data designs and architectures.
- Monitoring performance and determining suitable application / infrastructure enhancements.
- Working with operations to ensure the 24/7 availability of data services.
- Designing and developing resources and frameworks as required by application and business demand.
- Expert / DBA level skills with a variety of RDMS including MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle etc.
- Experience of managing Hadoop cluster(s) and associated services.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems.
- Strong and low-level Linux (Centos) skills.
- Experience working with configuration management systems such as Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience with the Cloudera service stack, in particular, Impala, Sqoop and Oozie.
- Knowledge of public cloud ( AWS, Azure, GCP) technologies and capabilities.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ.