Business Analyst with Apprenticeship Training
||The Competition and Markets Authority
||£30,145 - £33,762
||Competition & Markets Authority
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) have an exciting opening for a Business Analyst (Apprentice) to join permanently our IT Support Services Team. You’ll have the opportunity to further develop your ICT expertise with a Business Analyst Apprenticeship with the UK’s world-leading government body, the CMA, established to ensure competition works in consumers’ favour and businesses treat their customers fairly.
As a Business Analyst, you will support the Applications Manager and the Senior Business Analyst in capturing and documenting functional and non-functional requirements for a broad range of IT Services, to enable critical business change and progression to ensure that IT services and business systems are fit for purpose.
Your remit will include capturing and translating business requirements for applications management and development and infrastructure teams, through to input into and participation in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and pre-production testing.
Approximately 20% of your working hours will be spent completing the two-year Information Systems Business Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4), the completion of which will result in you achieving the IS Business Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4), in addition to a range of British Computer Society (BCS) formally accredited qualifications.
This is truly an exciting opportunity to further develop your expertise whilst being supported to enhance your professional qualifications and career opportunities.
Core requirements include:
• IT literacy - ECDL or equivalent and previous experience working in an IT function role.
• A level qualification in ICT, a Level 3 qualification in an ICT subject or a BTEC Extended Diploma in ICT (180 Credits).
• Experience or demonstrated knowledge of corporate business systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), case management and exposure to costed off the shelf (COTS) applications/cloud based software solutions.
• Knowledge of the development lifecycle using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and familiarity of associated PMO best practice.
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and problem solving, with the aim to providing suitable recommendations and solutions to rectify IT issues.
All CMA staff enjoy generous benefits, including an excellent pension scheme, at least 25 days leave (increasing to 30 over five years), and generous maternity/paternity leave provision. You can also take advantage of interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, our employee wellbeing programme and favourable consideration of flexible working.
For full details about this role, eligibility for this apprenticeship programme, and the benefits of working at the CMA, please click on the APPLY button below.
Closing date: Monday, 19th February 2018.