Senior Front-End Developer
||East Kilbride, Glasgow
||Salary £40,000 per annum dependent on experience + company benefits
Working as part of an Agile development team operating within the Scrum framework you will be involved across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles. You will contribute towards the defining and developing a Sprint backlog to achieve the goals set out by our Product team whilst providing our Test team with continuous delivery to ensure that our applications achieve our definition of done and can be potential released within our continuous deployment cycle every Sprint.
You will be actively encouraged to push the boundaries of new technology to ensure that we choose the most appropriate solutions for delivering our software to enable you to progress to meet your own potential whilst also giving more junior members of the development team the support they need to help them to fulfil their personal development goals.
• Working closely with our Product Design Team to create a pixel perfect user experience
• Working with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Front end Engineers, Development Engineers (Server Side), Test Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
• Testing features for interoperability across different browsers and mobile devices
• Contributing to development team working practices and technology decisions
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience
• At least 3 years’ experience of developing rich web applications using HTML5 and CSS
• Responsive design techniques
• A proven ability to deliver feature rich modern web applications with focus on user experience and design
• Knowledge of client-side performance concerns and optimisation techniques
• Experience using Source Control, preferably Git
• Experience of working in an Agile development team
• An understanding of the build process, continuous integration and delivery
• Experience of TDD
• The ability to be self-motivated and be able to prioritise your day, where tasks may change throughout the day
• Experience of Backbone or Angular
• Experience of .NET MVC
• Experience with Pre-processors and Task Runners such as Gulp/Grunt
• Experience of working with and contributing to Living Style Guides
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and 33 days’ holiday including statutory holidays and your birthday - We feel it is important that all our people get to celebrate their birthday, so have the day off on us!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.