Software Test Engineer
||Salary from £28,000 per annum DOE + company benefits
Working as part of an Agile development team operating within the Scrum framework you will be involved across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles.
You will contribute towards the defining and developing a Sprint backlog to achieve the goals set out by our Product team whilst support the Test Team to ensure that our applications achieve our definition of done and can be potential released within our continuous deployment cycle every Sprint.
You will be actively encouraged to push the boundaries of new technology to ensure that we choose the most appropriate solutions for delivering our software to enable you to progress to meet your own potential whilst also giving more junior members of the test team the support they need to help them to fulfil their personal development goals.
This role will be based in our Head Office in Ruddington, however there will be regular travel to support our development team in Stevenage.
As a member of the Test Team you will be responsible for:
• Testing new features across the Ideagen product suite based on a wide range of technologies including Windows, mobile & web services.
• Engage with designers and developers to clarify features and functionality.
• Be involved in functional and non-functional testing, defect tracking and reporting to senior management.
• Liaise with support engineers to help identify issues and known bugs.
• Contributing to the Development Team’s working practices and technology decisions.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• At least 3 years’ experience of testing software, ideally in a commercial environment.
• Excellent observation skills and high attention to detail.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience of test case generation, test data design and test methodologies.
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills with developers; supporting them as they adopt new testing methods and approaches.
• The motivation and drive to improve the quality of our products through improved testing methods and approaches.
• An awareness of modern test methods and tools.
• It would also be advantageous if you had a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience.
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme, Company Share Incentive Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and 32 days’ holiday including statutory holidays and your birthday - We feel it is important that all our people get to celebrate their birthday, so have the day off on us!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.