||£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days’ Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we’re looking for a Java Developer to work with the most innovative people in tech and help us to continue transforming the energy industry.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Build and scale a distributed system, focusing on user value and business objectives
- Help to develop, test and release software that scales quickly
- Identify and resolve problems
- Invent. Create. Innovate. Repeat
Interested? If so, you’ll need:
- At least three years’ hands-on experience of using Java, ideally including Java 8
- Experience of REST API
- Previous experience of driving automation across build, test and release processes
- Experience of EJBs, XML, YAML, FreeMarker templates and JCR
Experience of the following would be beneficial to your application: CI, Jenkins, infrastructure as code, including Chef and Ansible and AWS.
We would be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Java Developer, Software Developer, Software Application Developer, Software App Developer, Developer or Programmer.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a business that’s in the Sunday Times’ top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- A clearly defined career path, so you can enhance your technical skills or progress to people management
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- A great range of modern and retro video games, as well as table tennis
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Java Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.