SAP Basis Engineer - Sunbury - 3months (likely extension 18months) - £440-£484 per day
||£440 - £484
||440-484 per day
My client based in Sunbury requires a SAP Basis Engineer - this will be on a 3month initial contract however the likely duration could be up to 18months.
My client based in Sunbury requires a SAP Basis Engineer - this will be on a 3 month initial contract however the likely duration could be up to 18months.
Specific demonstrable experience/ skills/ behaviours/ qualifications (vocational, Degree/Masters/Doctorate, professional) expected for the role.
• Ability to own and to lead discrete technical pieces of work and sets of activities
• Possesses deep technical expertise and experience in BASIS and closely associated technologies, as well as broad knowledge of other SAP areas and SAP tightly integrated systems. Able to demonstrate circa 10 years experience specialising in this area.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving ability
• Experience providing leadership / mentorship to offshore based teams
• Proven influencer with strong written and verbal communication skills
• SAP Technical certifications - Basis/Netweaver/PI/ABAP
• Expert SAP Basis knowledge across the suite of SAP applications, including deep DBA skills across major database technologies- ASE Oracle and HANA specifically
• Ability to identify options to enhance application standard technical operations, and proven track record of executing such enhancements
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of, and define, best practices for systems setup, configuration and/or system administration and support
• Ability to create excellent working relationships within other teams and segments in the company
• Strong multitasking skills and experience working in fast paced and dynamic environments.
• Ability to demonstrate where peers or leadership were influenced to achieve strategic goals.
• Ability to manage geographically dispersed teams.
• Demonstrates strong alignment with the companies values and behaviours.
Highly Desirable Criteria:
Criteria that while not essential are of specific interest.
• SAP ASE
• SAP HANA
• SAP Cloud Migrations to AWS
• AWS Technical certifications
Optional - additional criteria that are "nice to haves” and could enhance performance of the role
• Strong general IT background (Desktop, OS, Hosting, etc.)
• Project Management experience.
• SDLC/SMART awareness
• ITIL3 awareness.
Clear and accurate description of the role i.e. business context, why the job exists
• The BAS organisation is a delivery organisation that:
o Holds full accountability for both Application Development (AD) and Application Maintenance (AM) scope of work, including delivery and management of global templates and systems that serve the company globally, as well as solutions shared by multiple Programmes of Work and SAP Operations Centre.
o Possesses the overall template and systems landscape view which helps preserve the integrity of each template, solution and landscape supporting that solution, in addition to ensuring all changes are designed to operate and are fit for purpose.
o Provides governance to all template and solution designs, as well as landscape changes.
• Technical Environment is an entity within BAS that is composed of technical solutions/services provided by BAS for:
o Technical Coordination Services: provision of technical project management, resource coordination, activity coordination (with Basis team, S&A, Infrastructure and PoW) and single point of technical accountability on projects
o Environment & Infrastructure: ancillary services to the Technical Coordination and Basis SME teams, including engagement with GHS for project infrastructure delivery and support, infrastructure finance handling, Operational Acceptance testing, Disaster Recovery coordination , and Technical Environment Consistency, amongst other services
o BASIS SME Services: provision of deep technical hands-on capability for delivery of support and troubleshooting in AD and AM, including technical thought-leadership, best practice setting, and mentoring of technical staff
The Senior Basis SME - SAP Technical Environment has responsibility for:
o Assistance in delivery of BASIS services, including assessment of technical demand received from specific programmes of work or the SAP Operations Centre, but with a primary strong focus on technical viability and best practice technical implementation of services, as well assisting to monitor and control services implemented.
o Supporting Technical Leads in planning and architecting SAP solutions for projects. This involves providing thought leadership on the best technical environment choices.
o Evaluating new SAP products from a Technical Environment / Basis perspective. Creating new technical processes and procedures as needed.
o Advising on overall Basis operational standards for the company's SAP production and project systems.
o Advising on Basis technical implementation strategy and best practice, as well as contribution towards S&A SOE and development/ownership of Basis SOE.
o Assisting in resource quality control for the BASIS team, inclusive of ensuring resources are effectively trained, experienced and knowledgeable for deployment to Programmes of Work, SAP Operations Centre, Strategy and Architecture (S&A), and Technology Planning.
o Providing senior Basis SME support for urgent / difficult issues as required.
o Seeking and raising opportunities for continuous improvement within the TES service line.
o Ensuring Knowledge Asset management (KAM) for BASIS is in-line with BAS’ overall KAM strategy, governance, lifecycle and policies.
This role reports from an activity management perspective to the the Software Platform Engineering Manager in Technical Environment (BAS).
Specific tasks / activities, management, reporting, interfaces etc. Ideally about 5 distinct statements, describing the role in more detail, in terms of activities and output core to this role
• Assisting to define and assure overall Basis configuration and technical operational standards for the company's SAP production and project systems.
• Assisting to define Basis technical implementation strategy and best practice, as well as contribution towards BAS TE SOE and development/ownership of Basis SOE.
• Responsible for the research, development and review of standard technical procedures and processes for key SAP system activities (build, refresh, upgrade, DR, etc.)
• Assisting to ensure resource quality control for the BASIS team, inclusive of ensuring resources are effectively trained, experienced and knowledgeable for deployment to Programmes of Work, SAP Operations Centre, Strategy and Architecture (S&A), and Technology Planning.
• Provide leadership, mentoring, technical assistance and support to offshore TE / SI Basis teams.
• Provide L3 Basis support for complex Production P1 issues if the offshore TE / SI Basis teams require assistance.
• Assists the Technical Leads in project planning, including providing expert guidance on system design and build options.
• Identifies changes needed to the environments and infrastructure for SAP applications (capacity, system parameters, system configuration).
• Involved in the following: technical site readiness support, stress/ performance testing support, infrastructure design and build coordination, system setup and configuration processes and support for SAP applications.
• Coordinates integration tests, system connections and system build dependencies with the Technical Environment SMEs - non-SAP, the Technical Environment system integrator and appropriate GOI/GHS teams to deliver technical environments.
• Coordinates and participates in the operational acceptance testing for SAP applications
• Tests and supports disaster recovery and business continuity plans in adherence with company policies and procedures.
• Assists in developing reports to communicate business continuity related information to internal and external regulatory and compliance entities.
• Influences and coordinates with GOI/GHS service lines and company control authorities to ensure alignment between operating directives and ES processes.
• Seeks out and identifies ineffeciencies within the ES / TES processes and procedures. Drives continuous improvement in the technical space.
• Act as trusted advisor to projects and to key stakeholders within SAP Operations, I&IS and S&A, and help drive future direction of the company SAP infrastructure and solutions
• Responsible to participate in review of functional and technical designs delivered by BASIS services to ensure quality of these designs and adherence to standards.
• Responsible to provide input and support to Basis SME Manager in response to demands for solutions/services provided by Centralised Basis services and by Technical Environment services.
Please Quote Ref - JS2150