Technical Architect - IAM
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
KCOM require a Technical Architect with IAM experience to be based in London OR Ipswich with the option of working from home.
The Technical Architect is responsible for the technical design and build of a solution. The Technical Architect works as a team member along with the Solutions Architect, IAM Engineers, devops professionals and the Project Manager to deliver a complete solution for the customer.
* Playing a role in the elaboration phase, working to identify use-cases, risks and dependencies.
* Leading the implementation phase, directing and coordinating build and configuration work where required.
* Planning and taking part in customer training and familiarisation in the transition phase.
* Production of detailed technical design and operational architecture documents to match the solution design specifications.
* Participate in and lead, when needed, project meetings with the customer.
* Research and development to enable continued innovation in IAM.
* Monitor, troubleshoot and problem resolution of IAM service and related incidents.
* Mentoring of IAM staff.
Technical skills: -
* Expert knowledge of Identity and Access Management technologies and concepts.
* Experience in the design and deployment of IAM solutions, including governance, provisioning and authentication.
* Experience in managing, implementing or supporting IAM systems in complex environments.
* Experience in configuring and integrating IAM software with third party, and/or vendor supplied solutions.
* An understanding across the breadth of technology domains and the relationships between major components.
* Experience with source code management and change control.
* Experience with persistence technologies such as SQL and LDAP.
* Experience with web technologies such as XML, REST, HTML.
* Expert knowledge of authentication and authorisation standards such as SAML, OAuth, Kerberos, OpenID Connect.
* Good understanding of network layer security, PKI concepts, and cryptographic technologies (e.g. hashing, signing, encryption, TLS)
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills with IAM technologies.
* Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems.
* Good infrastructure and network skills.
* Apache HTTP server configuration and/or IIS server configuration.
* Servlet container configuration (especially Tomcat).
* At least intermediate Java development skills.
* At least intermediate UNIX shell scripting skills.
* LDAP / Active Directory experience.
* Translation of logical design into Operational Architecture.
* Familiarity with public Cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
* Strong familiarity with HTTP / HTML debugging tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles proxy, browser debug tools.
* Continuous integration experience using a variety of tools.
* Expert working knowledge of ForgeRock or other equivalent IAM platform.
Professional skills: -
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Comfortable with communicating to clients and partners aspects of both the product and the implementation at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
* Ability to communicate clearly too technical and non-technical audiences up to management level.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong experience in working cohesively within a team and with staff in other departments.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent requests.
* Able to assist users in defining requirements, learn new concepts and technical functions quickly, and produce clear and accurate documentation.
* Flexibility in accepting, and independently delivering, a variety of assignments with high quality solutions.
* Experience as a technical resource in an enterprise software company or systems integrator. This should include enterprise software implementation experience.
* Delivery-focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines.
* A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch for more details if the opportunity is of interest.