Apprentice Software Engineer
||£13,000 - £13,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Apprentice Software Engineer
Looking to take your first step into software engineering? Want to earn while you learn and work on innovative solutions that benefit the general populace on a daily basis? If so, you could be the Apprentice Software Engineer that our client is looking for.
About Our Client:
Our client guides important care moments by delivering vital knowledge to everyone involved in an individual’s health journey. They offer independent, unbiased and evidence-based solutions to create the ultimate patient journey, facilitate safe medication decisions and drive high-quality clinical performance.
In partnership with the University of Exeter, they are now looking for an Apprentice Software Engineer to join them in September 2018 on a four year apprenticeship and achieve a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions.
- Salary starting at £13,000 per annum plus bonus (up to 5%)
- All tuition fees paid for the BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions course
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Health cashback plan
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays with the option to purchase up to 5 more days
- Earn your degree whilst gaining valuable industry experience
- The chance to play an active role in taking healthcare products to market
- The opportunity to continue advancing your career with our client after you’ve finished your apprenticeship
During this degree apprenticeship, you’ll gain the skills and experience you need to make a positive impact within software development teams. You’ll learn about how our client’s software helps the healthcare journey, the underlying technologies and the workings of their Software Teams across the full development lifecycle.
You’ll receive career support from day one: a designated manager, a mentor and a buddy to answer any questions you may have as you settle into your role and start exploring the world of software engineering.
As an Apprentice Software Engineer, you will learn how our client designs, develops and brings software solutions to market.
While you’ll spend the majority of your time in our client’s Exeter office, you’ll be required to attend the University of Exeter on three occasions for up to four days at a time during the academic year. You’ll also spend one day per working week completing university work via an online learning environment.
Here is just some of what your apprenticeship will involve:
- Working in a Developer Test role to understand customer requirements
- Following Agile methodologies for the design, development and acceptance of software solutions
- Joining meetings with upper management to increase your awareness of the business
- Creating product code and performing code reviews for your team
- Learning about requirements analysis, specification definition, data analysis and project management
To join our client as an Apprentice Software Engineer, you’ll need:
- To have achieved (or be predicted to achieve) grades AAB at A-Level
- An interest in, and a desire to pursue a career in, software engineering (any previous experience would be great, but this isn’t essential)
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- An analytical mindset
- A great eye for detail
Other companies may call this role Apprentice Software Engineer, Apprentice Software Developer, Apprentice Developer, Trainee Developer, Trainee Software Engineer, IT Apprentice or Apprentice.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to kick-start a rewarding career as an Apprentice Software Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 7.5 hours per day on average