Senior Web Developer (Drupal)
||£40000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Mecmesin is an internationally recognised manufacturer of force and torque testing equipment based in Slinfold, West Sussex. We are experiencing rapid expansion globally, and are seeking an ambitious Senior Drupal Developer to work on the large scale redevelopment of our online web presence.
The company has a range of websites and microsites, primarily built in Joomla, but has been moving to a Drupal 7 platform over the last two years. You will need to demonstrate experience in Drupal front and back end development.
We have ambitious plans for integrating our web platforms with our internal systems and this position will have an active role in defining and implementing these solutions.
You will be instrumental in developing Mecmesin’ s website strategy, with the key objective of developing and promoting new and current Company websites/microsites/intranets in order to generate new business opportunities for Mecmesin.
1) Deliver all phases of new Drupal website/microsite/system integration and development i.e. planning and analysis, development, integration, and testing including managing multiple priorities
2) Assist the Marketing Manager with planning and implementing web strategy.
3) Make recommendations regarding the usability, navigation and architecture of our current websites/microsites/intranets and ensure their improvement.
4) Develop visual concepts such as wireframes, explain the rationale and communicate the vision to management.
5) Identify new trends, initiatives and practice in web development. Be proactive and receptive to ideas from external inputs. Explain the rationale behind new ideas/developments to communicate the vision to management.
6) Manage the hosting of the Company’s websites/microsites/intranets.
7) Work with the Content team to optimise all Company websites via search engine optimisation techniques, PPC, link building and social media.
8) Work with the Content team to ensure updating of all content e.g. images, copy etc. on the Company websites/microsites applies the company’s graphic standards, ensuring brand standardization.
9) Use real-time web analytic data and tracking codes to conduct regular reporting, tracking and monitoring of visitor numbers and campaign performance and report results to management.
10) Manage the relationship with the translators of the Company’s foreign language websites.
11) Ensures all company websites are backed up on a weekly basis and ensure all Company websites/microsites are functioning correctly at all times. In times of emergency ensure minimal downtime.
12) Manage the Company’s domain names.
You will need:
Proven experience of developing Drupal web solutions: backend and frontend development
Proven experience developing and managing high profile websites, preferably including foreign language websites
Experience with version control, such as GIT
Knowledge of web accessibility & UI best practice
Up-to-date knowledge of on-page SEO techniques
Up-to-date knowledge of best practice for web security
Google AdWords & analytics experience
Degree qualified or significant relevant knowledge gained from experience.
Strong self-motivation and a positive attitude with energy to achieve set goals with enthusiasm
Good people skills with the ability to maintain relationships with staff and distributors using diplomacy when required.
Strong communications skills (written, verbal and presentational)
High-level organisational and time management skills
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year dependent on experience
To apply please send your CV and covering email to Alice Parker, HR Coordinator highlighting your relevant experience for the role.
Mecmesin is a family friendly company who genuinely care about each member of staff and their needs, as an employee of Mecmesin some of your staff benefits will include;
Subsidised Gym Membership
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!