||Wellcome Sanger Institute
||£26000 - £30250
||The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Salary range in the region of £25,000 to £30,250 per annum plus benefits
We are looking for a Systems Support and Development Specialist to join the Corporate Services IT Team.
The primary objective of the role is to deliver a high quality, customer focused Agresso & Corporate Application support service to the Campus through the provision of technical support, training and solutions provision including R&D into new technologies. In addition to facilitate the effective use of these applications in support of the production and research aims of the campus.
This role requires a high degree of communication and people skills to deal with the user community. You will have the ability to learn quickly and understand complex software and database packages and be able to react quickly to change of customer & management requirements.
You will be required to deputise for the team leader in their absence.
* Experience of supporting and ERP / CRM / Financial system (e.g. Agresso, SAP, IFS)
* Experience of delivering a high quality customer focused business systems support service
* The ability to demonstrate good working knowledge of MS Office, a range of PC and web based applications, especially (but not limited to) SharePoint, InfoPath and Visio.
* Experience of providing broad based business systems technical support and development services within a complex service environment
* Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of management & staff
* The ability to effectively explain technical issues to non-technical users.
* The ability to actively question and listen resulting in quick and efficient resolutions to problems
* High level of problem solving/analytical skills
* High degree of initiative and self-motivation
* Skills in SQL / Oracle SQL
* ITIL/PRINCE2 qualified
* Experience in supporting business systems for some of the core Corporate Services functions (e.g. Finance, HR, H&S, Stores, Purchasing
* Experience of Agresso, Tableau, OfficeSpace, Meeting Room Manager, CoreHR
* Good understanding of the internet, global networks and networking technologies and environments
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to solve some of humanity's greatest challenges.
The Campus is a community of organisations working in genomic research, enterprise, education and discourse. It is home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology, including the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute which is the largest organisation on Campus, the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), Open Targets and Genomics England. Also located here is Connecting Science - its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus.
Please include a covering letter with your application
Closing date for applications: 18th February 2018