E-Trading Automation Tester
Delta Capita is a global professional services business, we FOCUS entirely on financial institutions. Delta Capita provide unique solutions to the industries problems; by creating bespoke technology, in collaborating with the markets leading fin-techs and in enabling banks to work together. We are a partner led business of EXPERIENCED market practitioners. We have worked for the institutions that we service, having lived the challenges, we possess an EMPATHY for our clients. We understand the realities of the business environment, limitations in; budget, capacity, capability, and time.
We have been on an incredible journey since the business launched in 2012, and the last 18 months which has seen us increase out headcount by 100% and our revenues by 180%. We are in five locations, with 130 staff, with a long way to go to reach our goal. Can you help us on our journey?
It is easy to describe what we do and how we do it, but the more important question is ‘why?’. We are committed to creating "a great place to work”, as a people business-it is essential that we invest and nurture our key product PEOPLE. We need great people to contribute to the evolution of our business and the continuation of our company culture. At Delta Capita we have created an OPEN, transparent environment, it is essential in realising change. It is why we work so hard to maintain a flat and open organisational structure, having experienced the negative effects of grandfathering in other environments. We have seen that DIVERSE teams innovate, perform and function better than their counterparts, more likely to bring new ideas and strategies that make a commercial difference.
The cornerstone our approach to Consulting is a desire to INNOVATE and do things differently. We want to work with people who share our ENTREPRENEURIAL mindset and to give them the tools and environment to realise their ideas. That’s why we host regular internal roundtable events, informal meetups and are committed to providing an open forum for ideas.
From the little things like free breakfast every morning and the monthly SOCIAL events through to our commitment to providing best in class training and OPPORTUNITIES to work GLOBALLY, we are always looking at ways to improve the employee experience. We know that consulting is a people business and we are dedicated to ensuring that the DC FAMILY are rewarded socially, intellectually, and financially when working with us.
Whilst Client confidentiality prohibits us sharing detailed information about current projects we can say that we are or have been engaged on projects for many of the industry’s largest and most prestigious Global Investment Banks.
We are looking to recruit talented, highly driven experienced individuals who have excelled in previous roles (ideally with solid Electronic Trading experience) and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
An Automation Tester is required to support the build out of a greenfield Electronic Trading (E-Trading) programme within the Tier-1 banking space. The successful applicant will be equipped with strong analytical and problem solving skills and an eye for detail. We require a highly motivated individual with well-developed interpersonal skills. You will be the automation tester in small agile teams, including off-shore resources. You will be involved in the writing of automated test cases and will be required to execute tests both automated and where necessary manual tests.
The applicant will be testing on new projects, be proficient in Selenium, unit testing frameworks, API testing frameworks and Cucumber to name a few tools. Core Java skills are essential to this role and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their competence in this area.
• Lead or be part of the automation testing teams that are part of the agile delivery teams ensuring the quality of developed code such that we can release into product regularly and quickly. Good knowledge of testing automation tools and strategies
• Define or help to define testing standards and patterns to accelerate testing lifecycles and effort.
• Deep understanding of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA), APIs and Micro Services.
• Knowledge of Security concepts and implementation in the applications to ensure accurate security testing.
• Work with the agile teams and wides testing teams to implement automated testing scripts to verify the quality (functional, performance and security aspects) of the delivers solutions.
• Practical knowledge of best practices for on-premise/cloud/hybrid integration and API management.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Familiar with Latency Electronic Trading experience and understanding of front to back flows;
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns including Hybrid Cloud and Microservice frameworks;
• Familiar with Multi Asset Classes / Products to include: FX (Spots / Forwards / NDF’s / Options) Credit / Rates / Equities;
• Experience creating test automation frameworks such that Functional, Regression and Performance testing is automated to support agile development and release cycles.
• Create and maintain reusable automated test scripts using a range of automation frameworks, to test the UI, APIs and backend services.
• Work within an Agile lifecycle to identify test cases for automation, write detailed test cases that can be used for manual or automated testing
• Recommend, implement new and innovative approaches for test automation
• Collaborate in daily stand-ups
• Use feedback from all stakeholders to expand test scenarios
• Demonstrate ability to change direction and re-prioritise on a minute’s notice in a fast-paced team environment
• Knowledge or Experience in continuous integration and n source code control (Git or similar)
• Effective interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with all stakeholders
• Attentive to detail and highly organized
• 5+ years’ experience of recent experience in quality assurance for web based, API led or back end applications