Microsoft Azure IoT Technologst
||Nigel Frank International
||£46700 - £58375
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Microsoft Azure IoT Technologist - Johannesburg
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 14th November 2016
Location: South Africa, Johannesburg
Contact Name: Alex Colbeck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telephone: +44 (0)191 338 6622
Microsoft Azure IoT Technologist - Johannesburg, South Africa
My client based in Johannesburg are currently looking for an Azure specialist to join their well experienced team. You will be working on all aspects of cloud and will need strong experience working with the Azure platform in particular.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Develop & proof of concept Microsoft Cloud Platform & IOT services in accordance with Enterprise standards and principles.
* Govern cloud Platform in-line with Enterprise standards and principles.
* Stay abreast of Cloud Platform & IOT capability, changes and services.
* Support Group/Enterprise Cloud based project with expertise consultancy and operational provisioning of services and platform components in accordance with defined standards.
* Mange and co-ordinate efforts between Enterprise/Group Infrastructure, Networks, Security, BI, Data Analytics and Development teams regarding Cloud Platform requirements and services.
* Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies are the primary focus, however other cloud platform providers (AWS) are of benefit.
Secondary Responsibilities (Data/BI analytics):
* Design and Build Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics solutions. Manage to iteratively build and prototype data dashboards/visualizations to provide insights at scale using PowerBI.
* Candidate will extract, transform, clean and validate data through the use of databases, spreadsheets, and queries for purposes of implementing prescribed data models and visualizations.
* Data extraction, transformations, preparations and visualizations processes and technology solutions to be industrialized, for robust large enterprise real-time and mobile use.
* Microsoft stack to achieve BI solutions is the primary focus, however flexibility to use a broader spectrum of technologies is advantageous.
Qualifications / Experience
* Information Management, Computer Science, Technology Engineering or similar qualification, or relevant work experience with focus on BI and/or cloud IAAS/PAAS technologies preferred.
* At least 1-3 or more years' experience with Microsoft Azure Platform PaaS, iPaaS and IaaS services.
* At least 1 or more years' BI programming (ETL) experience required with experience in working with visualizations/reports.
* Data Integration / Extractions / Transformation Experience.
* SQL, Microsoft Azure (Data Factories, Analytics Streaming, DWH, Data Lake) or other Cloud IaaS/PaaS/iPaaS, data focused experience is required.
* Knowledge & Practical Experience with IOT
* Previous experience with Visualization tools like Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau to your advantage.
* Microsoft Certifications in Azure (Administrator, Stack or Architect) or/and Microsoft PowerBI required.
* Knowledge and experience in IaaS, PaaS, iPaaS, SaaS and Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, SAP HCP or IBM Bluemix.
* Strong analytical, data manipulation and modelling skills.
* Solid understanding of BI and data solutions, including Power-pivots, cubes, and datamarts. Solid Excel & SQL skills.
* Knowledge of relational SQL databases and SQL in at least one of the following environments: Oracle. Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. As well as solid understanding of NoSQL databases, Data Lakes, DWH, Hadoop and design fundamentals of these technologies.
* Knowledge of visualization tools: Power BI or Tableau.
* Strong problem-solving ability, combined with a high level of initiative.
* Diligent, self-motivated and self-driven, independent.
* Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
This role will be popular and we expect high application volumes. Therefore if you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, send your application through to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you would like to hear more about this opportunity call +44 (0) 191 338 6622 to get more information.
Key words: Microsoft Stack, Cloud Developer, Azure, Dev, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, Partner, Gold Partner, Developer, Development, Java, .Net, C#