This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our story is a great one and we love to share it! We are the largest software platform provider to the life and pensions industry in the UK and Ireland.
It is the most exciting time to come on board. We are expanding and looking for bright, enthusiastic shiny stars to help us continue our success through all chapters…… and that is where you come in!!
The Next Chapter
We are looking for a skilled, talented developer who has a passion for software development. Are you someone whose code writing abilities are second to none and wants to work in an exciting, agile environment? Then please step to the front of the line!
The star of this chapter is going to be you, our Developer; a core member of our Scrum Team. Developers are competent in the creation of software using the Scrum method and the Aquila Heywood development practices and pipeline.
We encourage our developers to lead by example with an engaging open style and energy that people trust and believe in.
Our Developers are passionate about technology, Agile development practices, and delivering robust solutions.
Developers are regularly playing around with new tools and the latest stuff, finding out where it fits in the world and how it might improve our capabilities.
To Your Scrum Team:
- Be fully immersed in the Scrum process and your team. Fully participate in story refinement, sprint planning, Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives
- Mentor, coach and teach other team members where you have requisite expertise
- Conduct investigations or spikes as prioritised by the Product Owner
- Develop high quality software with the team that meets the definition of done
- Peer review or pair program as part of the team
- Both receive from and provide feedback to other team members
To the Product:
- Design, develop and test high quality software which adheres to static analysis measures, passes gated builds, peer reviews/ pairing and includes a minimum 85% unit test coverage
- Continuous attention to lean principles such as limiting WIP, and reducing cycle time and waste
- Produce requisite documentation (wiki-based)
- Provide technical support and resolve production issues
To the Company:
- Follow the company’s quality and security policies
- Support and contribute to the continuous improvement of our product delivery pipeline including skills, technologies, processes and tools.
- Endeavour to live the company values on a daily basis
- Be continually developing yourself and your career
- Drive and actively contribute to the Hive communities of practice
To Play The Part
Our Developer is going to be a special kind of person. Someone who knows how to write clean, maintainable code and someone who can:
- Deliver working software to the definition of done every sprint to the best of your ability collaborating with your team
- Develop software for the Product you are working on regardless of the technology platform or language.
- Java - Strong knowledge of Java fundamentals
- SQL - Sufficient proficiency to write views and stored procedures efficiently
- C - Some awareness of C syntax preferable
- Web - Knowledge of web development technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Testing - Unit testing with Junit; Understanding of TDD
- Provide estimates in collaboration with your team in T-shirt or story points
- Participate and actively engage in all the Scrum activities
- Create software to established coding standards
- Work with and be proficient in JIRA, Confluence, IntelliJ, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Sonarqube, and any other tools that form part of the development pipeline both now and in the future
- Use Behaviour Driven Development and Selenium/Cucumber test frameworks
- Teach junior developers in unit testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD), code reviewing and pairing, and refactoring
- Conduct peer code reviews and provide honest, constructive feedback
- Ensure your code is developed maintaining high quality, static code analysis, and gated builds
- Participate and contribute to Group design and the architecture forum when necessary
Are you our next Star?
Our story is built on your success, and your success does not go unnoticed! Alongside our generous benefits package we recognise and reward high performance and encourage an open and honest working environment. We will support you through every new chapter of our story with us.
Ready to audition?! Please apply today!
No agencies please
Key Words: Software Developer, Software Engineer, Java, SQL, C, Developer.