Engineering Consultant (Flexible Location!)
Modality Systems is an award-winning technology company specializing in Microsoft Unified Communications technologies and part of the PGi Group. We have successfully delivered advanced solutions and desired business outcomes to a broad portfolio of clients.
Modality’s strengths lie in its market leading technical expertise alloyed with its deep understanding of UC projects, pitfalls and business adoption.
As part of its continued growth, Modality is seeking to strengthen its Project Management function through the recruitment of an experienced and skilled Project Manager.
You will be working with a dedicated team of Skype for Business experts focused on testing, supporting and optimising Skype for Business Server and Online in some of the world’s biggest deployments. Your role will primarily be deployment and support of our Skype for Business testing and reporting tooling in customers environments remotely.
The role requires Microsoft and network infrastructure skills to consult with customers to enable installation and configuration of key components within the solution. Ensuring deployment best practises are maintained including documentation, process, gap analysis and efficiencies. Having an engineering mindset including Identifying areas for automation and overall improvements.
Key Elements of the role:
• Installation and configuration of key components within the solution.
• Ensuring deployment best practises are maintained including documentation, process, gap analysis and efficiencies.
• Being Pro-active, identifying and having a remediation attitude involving troubleshooting.
• Working with our internal support services and senior consultants on escalations.
• Customer Engagement: Confident and clear communication with customers
• Opportunity to input and shape how the team and tooling work
There is an opportunity to use this role as a foundation to move into different consulting, technical, support or project roles within Modality Systems.
• Ideal: Lync, Skype or a Microsoft UC platform experience
• Understanding of SQL and its components (Analysis/Integration services, Data warehousing - permissions/backups etc)
• Cloud understanding - Azure/365
Required: Previous deployment and support experience
Microsoft Windows server & services experience (understanding logical installation components and build requirements)
Networking principals (firewalls, ports, subnets)
• Competitive base salary
• Annual bonus
• Contributory pension - Modality contributes up to 3% of salary
• Medical insurance
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• Training courses and materials
If this sounds interesting, please send your CV and covering letter - click the APPLY button.