Business Analyst - Housing industry experience is mandatory!
||£39,000 - £40,000
Business Analyst (BASS)
Reports to: Head of Housing
£39,000 - £40,000
Must have experience in the housing industry!!
Purpose of the job
The role is to provide Business Analysis in relation to implementing a new housing management system (HMIS) including a mobile solution which due to a tight timeline needs to be implemented by June 2018 for a specific contract.
The role will bring experience and knowledge of analysis, designing to contract specification and re designing existing process to increase efficiency and reduce operation risk.
The role will undertake change in the following areas,
- Create and implement new processes to contract specification
- Review and amend existing processes required to support the contract
- Work with subject matter expert (SME) within the organisation to identify requirements which can then be designed into workflows for the respective area.
- Take effective lead of conveying business requirement to solution design
- Work with solution partner to confirm and agree business requirements into systemic workflow to ensure successful implementation by the deadline.
- Engage fully in regular supervision with your line manager.
- Adhere to Nacro’s Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times and comply with legislation and statutory duties and data controls protocols.
- Act in line with, promote and carry out all responsibilities with full regard to Nacro’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practice, engaging with training and acquiring / maintaining any individual qualifications required of the role.
- As necessary, and in addition to the above, undertake other activities commensurate with the nature of the post.
- Must have housing experience
- Previous experience of implementing housing management system. Having implemented openhousing and totalmobile (capita solution)
- Quickly understand specifications of the BASS contract and be able after meeting with subject matter experts be able to deliver and discuss business needs with capita developers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external resources to ensure the successful delivery of all assigned business improvement projects. Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues across the business
- Lead and manage business improvement and process diagnostics within identified areas of the business
- Determine and map processes, baseline current performance and predict measurable benefits
- Leads, plans and undertakes a range of structured testing activities, design and implement User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts, analyse test results, identify and re-engineer process design changes that mitigate test failures.
- Demonstrate the ability to fully embed change using a range of change management techniques and through the formulation of specific plans and activities to support project implementation.
- Devise and deliver process user guides, on line guides, other material, and appropriate training and communication of business improvement and re-engineered processes
- Initiates and participates in communications with Learning & Development and users to provide instructions and guidance as required.
- Ensure robust quality assurance mechanisms exist for all business improvement and re-engineered processes, demonstrating process adherence following implementation and use this data to inform further process refinement, controls or colleague support and/or training
- Working with the Business/ICT Project Manager, proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Contribute to the identification and management of risk. Consider the opportunities and potential risks and issues attached to the suggestions you have made;
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations, particularly in relation to mobile working.
- Gain agreement from program board of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business.
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across the business and help to address any uncertainty and concern, taking direction and advice from the Communications Manager.
- Acts as implementation lead where required to ensure implementation is thoroughly planned, rehearsed and delivered.
- Communicates implementation activities, changes, issues etc. in a way that both non-technical end-users and technical ICT providers/suppliers can understand.
- Manages and resolves issues raised by the business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Support staff and teams in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service/function/product provided.
- As appropriate, participates in user groups to consult with users on use of applications.
- Where appropriate manages the escalation of queries to the solution supplier and manages the resolution in a timely manner.
- Plays key role as a member of the project board to ensure the systems are in place to deliver process and data needs for the end project.
- Produces detailed specifications for future enhancements to the solution to enable the software provider to build the changes required following initial implementation.
- Monitors usage of applications, reports and makes recommendations for improvements where appropriate.
Click Apply Now to be considered for the Business Analyst Role!