Software Development Engineer- Android
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Development Engineer- Android
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you’ll support the Dev Manager and work as part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers delivering best-of-class software for our customers to use on their mobile devices; changing the way they interact with their finances.
Specific Responsibilities and Experience
We're looking for the best and the skills below are only a guide to what we're looking for. If you don't meet all the requirements but think this role is for you, we'd really like to hear from you.
- Coach and mentor a multi-discipline team
- Collaborating with Product Managers & Designers across the business
- Highly technical, a key influencer of team software architecture
- Makes technical trade-offs between short term team needs and long term business needs
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent programming skills in a couple of languages
- Proven ability to deliver enterprise Android applications
- Extensive commercial experience developing software against the Android APIs (Java)
- Knowledge of modern Android technologies like Git, Android Studio, Gradle, Junit and Jenkins
- Strong design, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of working within an Enterprise environment
- Provable past examples of working with, and developing against, AWS architecture
- A working knowledge of UI test automation framework
- This is a technical leadership role and doesn’t involve any line management.
About Capital One
Changing banking for good is not an idle statement, it’s our core vision and applies to everything we do. For us, it’s a no brainer. A happy customer is a loyal customer. By bringing innovation, simplicity, and, most importantly, humanity to the financial services industry we will succeed in delivering this mission. We are transforming ourselves into a FinTech company.
Capital One has been voted the Best Workplace for the last 3 years and we’re also recognised for our work in treating customer fairly. We have two development centres; Nottingham and London and in these we are delivering the next big things that will help our customers succeed.
We’d like you to be part of it.
Your influence will extend far beyond the immediate team. Working with product owners and designers, the innovative and creative side to your personality will shine through. Ever the problem-solver, your data-driven approach to solution design makes you the strongest advocate of our customers.
We offer a very competitive rewards package, a great pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance. You can look forward to a host of other benefits including cycle to work and season ticket loans.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).